GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    They have this one Surreal:

http://www.vararam.com/vr6.html

I
    didnt see it when I first looked at the site. Its kinda burried in the pages.

@meandmyharley61

I would call them and ask how its set up. I cant really tell without maybe seeing your air box and how its set up.
    Yuck. That's hideous!

Ya I dont know where it fits in to the intake but its definitely different looking.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I sent an email to thier tech support. Asking them if they would send me a diagrahm or a explaination of how unit is hooked up to the intake system. When I hear anything back; I will repost. @SurrealOne...you are right, it is definetly ugly.

As an owner of a 02 Z06 and have run several variations of CAIs on it. The latest Vararam VR-B2 works very well. Their fit and finish used to be very bad and required hacking at to install. The one I have required no hacking or cutting. The fit is still not the greatest but workable. The filter is a pita to remove. It's an gauze style just like all the popular ones. So you really don't need to mess with it often. Their dyno numbers are fairly believable. I like the unit and it does well on track and the street.

That said it looks like they are trying to be creative with trucks they can't just modify that B2 dual feed design to use.

I still think for all practical purposes on the truck that opening the stock air box more, using a K&N or similar filter, and replacing the factory tube to the TB gets the best results for the lowest cost.

Update: Forgot to mention the hydrolock issue. That's an extremely rare and crazy situation. You would have to literally bury the nose in a flood, not a puddle. I actually drive mine in the rain regardless of how hard it is raining, even on track. Never come close to that problem with any CAI I used. On the truck if you have that you would need to be in 4ft or so of water. I think you have bigger problems at that point.
    Last edited by vms4evr; 03-30-2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot about hydrolock comment
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Huh, that's an interesting product. So the question I have is this: If for the NBS silverados they're claiming 25-50 HP with a programmer, what would the HP difference be with the same programmer on a stock system? Additionally, the classic question: If you could get 25-50 HP and 1-3 mpg increase on these trucks with a bolt on, why wouldn't GM install them from the factory?

I will admit though, it's intriguing. No, it's not attractive, but it's interesting.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12