GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Enkei Meets THE FONZ!!!!!! Henry Winkler

Yes Henry Winkler was in my town this weekClick image for larger version. 

Name:	GlennandTheFonz.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	34054 for a his new Book signing, So I took my mother over and got a pic...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Aaaaay that is awesome, I bet he is a cool man to meet in person
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Blog Entries

I still think this is my favorite part he ever played:

2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

He didnt try to sell you a reverse mortgage did he?
    AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Legend

Nope But he was a funny guy The only down fall was I had a copy of Lords of Flatbush and his Pub would not let him sign anything but his book.. which is called Ghost Buddy

Legend

Blog Entries

Nightshift and Waterboy were his 2 best films and of course his roll as "The FONZE" is iconic. They should put his leather jacket in The Smithsonian.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    Nightshift and Waterboy were his 2 best films and of course his roll as "The FONZE" is iconic. They should put his leather jacket in The Smithsonian.
    I think it is....What about his movie Heroes?
    MOVIEmeter
    SEE RANK
    Down810this week
    View rank on IMDbPro

Heroes(1977)

112 min - Comedy | Drama - 16 May 1978 (Sweden)
    Your rating: 12345678910-/10X

Ratings: 5.8/10 from 878 users
    Reviews: 20 user |8 critic

A Vietnam veteran suffering from post traumatic stress disorder breaks out of a VA hospital and goes on a road trip with a sympathetic traveler to find out what became of the other men in his unit.
    Director:

Jeremy Kagan
    Writer:

James Carabatsos, and 1 more credit
    Stars:

Henry Winkler, Sally Field and Harrison Ford
    Loading Watchlist View Watchlist

And about the Jacket.. You are right...

Fonzie's windbreaker/leather jacketDuring the mid-season of the first season (1974), Garry Marshall went to Hawaii for a week to shoot the pilot for another series called Little People starring Brian Keith. While he was gone, Fonzie was wearing a windbreaker with little penny loafers instead of his patented leather jacket and motorcycle boots. Somebody at ABC had decided that a hoodlum was an inappropriate character for the eight o'clock time slot. Marshall was able to convince ABC that Fonzie couldn't possibly ride his motorcycle in flimsy shoes (motorcycle safety) and the audience would worry about him getting cold in the thin windbreaker that he was wearing. The network eventually agreed and said that Fonzie could wear the leather jacket only when he was with the motorcycle. The bike never left the Fonz's side during the first season, even for indoor scenes. Finally, ABC decided to let Fonzie wear his leather jacket during all scenes in the later seasons.
    The character of Arthur Fonzarelli was so immensely popular, there was talk of changing the title to "Fonzie's Happy Days." Henry Winkler was receiving as much as 55,000 fan letters per week during the shows run.
    In 1980, the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. put one of the Fonz's leather jackets on display.
    Click here to see a picture of The Fonz's leather jacket on display at the Smithsonian.The first leather jacket was stolen after the first year on Happy Days. They then had a new one made...they had one made when he waterskiied (in the Hollywood episodes) without a lining; and a backup. But the main one, he presented to the Smithsonian Institution in 1980 so they had to make another jacket for the next three seasons.

Added to {$list_name}

Removed from {$list_name}

Could not update {$list_name}

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Yes Henry Winkler was in my town this weekClick image for larger version. 

Name:	GlennandTheFonz.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	34054 for a his new Book signing, So I took my mother over and got a pic...
    That's awesome, looks like a down to earth guy.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

ayeeeeeeee

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

LUCKY!!!! Hope he comes down here to Louisiana

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs