GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 95" chevy van g30 cutting out

got a chev van v6 4.3 , 1 ton work van. the last couple weeks it has been missing while driving,cutting out real bad where i have to pull over. now it is real bad where i can't leave the driveway. i thought maybe condenation was in the gas tank i used seam foam dry gas and it helped a little but i have somewhat of a problem since that did not fully correct the problem.

i looked in troubleshooting book and cmae up with a few poss. things it could be.

clogged fuel filter,cracked distrubtor,plugs/wires,timing.....

i have a good feeling that it is the fuel filter,had the fuel pump replaced 4/5 months ago and it looks like the filter was not changed.

anyway's do you think i should just go ahead and start there with the fuel filter first ? or inspect the spark plugs and wires dist cap?
    last time the plugs and wires ,cap were changed was 1 1/2 ago.

thanks

PlumbDog

You might check fuel pressure. You might also do Plugs and wires. If you have a distributor cap that routes all the wires on one side to that side regardless of firing order, they are prone to internally shorting.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman View Post
    You might check fuel pressure. You might also do Plugs and wires. If you have a distributor cap that routes all the wires on one side to that side regardless of firing order, they are prone to internally shorting.
    thanks for the advice,i will start with R & R the plugs ,wires ,cap. if that is not it, how do i go about checking the fuel pressure?

thanks

PlumbDog

today i installed new plugs,wires, D cap rotar button, still having same problem.

next im going to try the fuel filter, it is a in line filter under the van ,i can do this without jacking it up right? any advice on r & r it?