GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2008 silverado p0573 cruise control code

pulled a cruise control switch code today p0573 was the code does anyone know where i can start in trying to solve this?

hey bud, is the cruise working on it?

I ran into an issue with my cruise and a buddy (mechanic at Berg GMC in Midland, TX) told me that the brake switch on our model trucks have been a common issue.

My cruise quit altogether, but i never got a cruise control code. I replaced the switch ($13 at Berg but i got the employee discount) in about 10 minutes and instantly solved my issue. SIDE NOTE: there were two different styles of clips that hold the piece to the brake pedal and the brake switch i bought came with the wrong one and i had to drive my truck with the brake pedal trying to slip off the booster rod (ps... i don't recommend this.. its scary lol) but any local GM dealer should keep both in their inventory!

I hope maybe this will help you out.

-B.J.
    Last edited by 08_rado_rocker; 02-01-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: left out good info

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Is the switch just called a brake switch or is it like a pressure switch or something of that nature ?

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

And no the cruise is currently not working

it's your brake light switch.. but also kills your cruise. When mine went out, my tail lights still worked, just cruise didn't.

Ok cool I'm gonna take a look at it and hopefully that's the problem thanks

my cruise control is going out in my 2007 NBS and it seems to not work then all of a sudden if I hit the brake it works again. Can anyone post any pics of the switch the is breaking on these trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsman350 View Post
    my cruise control is going out in my 2007 NBS and it seems to not work then all of a sudden if I hit the brake it works again. Can anyone post any pics of the switch the is breaking on these trucks.
    Heres a pic of it. Check with your dealer.. it may be a warranty deal for you. But they are very simple to install if you can get under the dash.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NBSrado brake switch.JPG 
Views:	3119 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	34891

The p0573 code is a Brake Switch Circuit 1 High Voltage code. Generally at our dealership it's covered under warranty/campaign, like rado said. It's a really easy fix. Doesn't take but about 20 mins at a good dealership.

Before you change the switch for inop cruise control you MIGHT want to hit it with a shot of WD-40. This has been successful for me. Another indicator of poor design by GM.