GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

lol.. the wing i'm looking for isn't anything ridiculous like a stadium bench seat or anything.. just a little bit more pronounced than that of the stock plastic tailgate cap and paint matched. with the hood and lowered ride height should look pretty awesome... (to me anyways haha)

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

http://www.carid.com/2008-chevy-silv...ler-70860.html

something like this

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Lowered is fine with me. I had my '05 Z71 lifted, but now it is lowered. Nothing crazy, it's about 2/4, just a little lower than a 2 wheel drive. Handles and rides much better and is much more practical as a daily driver.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    lowered is fine with me. I had my '05 z71 lifted, but now it is lowered. Nothing crazy, it's about 2/4, just a little lower than a 2 wheel drive. Handles and rides much better and is much more practical as a daily driver.

that freakin thing is ffiinnee!!

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

As far as lowered Trucks, IMO as long as the person who has lowered their Truck is Pleased with it (The Stance) that's all that really count's.......My Silverado being a 2WD is lowered, but its just a 2in" Rear Shackle Drop,

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    As far as lowered Trucks, IMO as long as the person who has lowered their Truck is Pleased with it (The Stance) that's all that really count's.......My Silverado being a 2WD is lowered, but its just a 2in" Rear Shackle Drop,

Looking at those pictures of your truck with the 2" shackle make me wish I would have been able to get the shackle bolts off of my Silverado so that I could have seen it with the rear lowered to level.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Beautiful truck Mike.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Adam......Your Truck Look just Beautiful!!!........One Sharp Looking Silverado.............I item I noticed, and that is you don't have the front License Plate on.........no hassles from your local law enforcement regarding that??.......I wish I didn't have to run with a front Plate!!

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    [/FONT]

Looking at those pictures of your truck with the 2" shackle make me wish I would have been able to get the shackle bolts off of my Silverado so that I could have seen it with the rear lowered to level.
    Ya Peter, I know what you mean, about getting the Bolts off.......What I ended up Doing was, Cutting the Bolts Off, and then bought and installed new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyjr16 View Post
    Beautiful truck Mike.
    Thank you Charles......

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Ya Peter, I know what you mean, about getting the Bolts off.......What I ended up Doing was, Cutting the Bolts Off, and then bought and installed new ones.
    I thought about doing that, but it would have been a lot more work than it was worth for that truck. There was nothing that could get those bolts to spin in the holes, so I don't know how well cutting them would have worked. I probably would have had to pull the bed off to be able to pound them out. A Snap-On impact gun on an industrial air system (the gun was rated at 900 lb-ft of torque) wasn't even able to get those things to break free.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Legend

Blog Entries

If its done right, a lowered truck looks like its going fast when it's sitting still.... I like em'!!,
    Last edited by Red Z71 Max; 01-31-2012 at 06:58 PM.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

I'm loving all the activity on the thread! Mike, I noticed your truck when i was first creeping around the site and if I may say so, FREAKING GORGEOUS! And Adam, your truck looks amazing as well. It does look good without the plate on the front.. Texas laws require the plate be visible, but I think I can get away with it just mounted in the windshield.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

on a little side note... anybody got input on the tailgate spoiler situation? also, Adam i was wondering how you chose to lower your truck? there are several different kits from what I've researched.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast