GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Lowered is for cars. Like trix are for kids
    I dont bash lowered trucks but that mod. just aint for me. most poeple i know buy SUV,s and Pickups for better ground clearance and better visibility especially at 4 way intersections. In N.E. wisconsin with our winters, to me its an impractical mod but to each his own. If you like the look, then your good to go!
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

For the spoiler, you could go with the one that Regency was using for their RST trucks before they went under. There are still a couple of companies that are selling Regency parts.

Here is a link to one site that has the spoiler for sale.
    http://www.rstparts.com/RST-Rear-Spoiler-for-2007-Current_p_38.html

I dont bash lowered trucks but that mod. just aint for me. most poeple i know buy SUV,s and Pickups for better ground clearance and better visibility especially at 4 way intersections. In N.E. wisconsin with our winters, to me its an impractical mod but to each his own. If you like the look, then your good to go!

I would tend to agree with this as far as practicality goes for where I live, but in Texas I guess the clearance is less of an issue. I love lowered trucks, but with the winters here they just aren't practical. I personally wouldn't be without a truck for winter here because I don't really think cars are even practical for some of our winters.
    Last edited by pmf608; 01-31-2012 at 06:19 PM.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Most definitely appreciate the insight on the wing, that looks alot like the one that i was already scoping out... and i believe i'm gonna go that route.

And as far as the practicality of the lowering kit and my current use and area... I also have a wife who uses the truck when I'm in the field that stands 5'4" and has arthritis.. I plan on moving to the North Dakota area in a year or so, but I plan on getting a 3/4 ton dirtymax 4x4 sometime this year, so no issue there.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Most definitely appreciate the insight on the wing, that looks alot like the one that i was already scoping out... and i believe i'm gonna go that route.

And as far as the practicality of the lowering kit and my current use and area... I also have a wife who uses the truck when I'm in the field that stands 5'4" and has arthritis.. I plan on moving to the North Dakota area in a year or so, but I plan on getting a 3/4 ton dirtymax 4x4 sometime this year, so no issue there.
    You make me jealous. I wish I were somewhere with nice winters so I could have a nice, clean-looking lowered truck. But, for now I'll just make due with keeping my Avalanche winter-friendly and as stylish as possible at the same time.

man PMF, I'm now eyeballing the entire front air dam, roll pan, and wing.. lmfao.. thanks alot for showing me that site, im thinking all three plus the keystone good hood with the drop would satisfy my desires to stand out in a crowd.. maybe paint my bowties white as well. Speaking of painting the bowties... is that how people usually do it? just by painting them?

Just keep that money tree fertilized and watered..............
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Just keep that money tree fertilized and watered..............

haha, i heard that. I'm gonna take advantage of these high oil prices while i can bud! THATS my money tree.

Make sure to put some away for the day when the oil quits rainin'

Make sure to put some away for the day when the oil quits rainin'
    The west texas area is projecting a good 10 years.. north dakota's projected market is like twice that, but yea I've already started my rat-hole a couple years ago. My plan involves paying everything i buy off within a year or two or purchase along with the rat-hole. and when the bottom drops out, not all aspects drop out, i happen to work in the part that will completely shut down lol, so i plan to quit chasing rigs and get into the production side of it all, as when the boom stops, they dont stop production.. they just stop the exploration.

with your schedule you might be able to get some classes in towards a degree that will help you down the road

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by