GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    Thank You all it's got left is some tinkering on the linkage, the outside chrome,throw in the carpets and other interior accents, and throw in some rear 6x9s. just don't have it with me to work on and it makes me go mad lookin at it
    well send a car hauler and get it there
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

All I gots a car port, once it's all finished ima bring it up here n leave it at my girlfriends house sheath has a garage. But they wouldn't be happy with me doing all the work in there. I begg them a few times a week tho
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

lowered trucks to a level stance do look good, with that i mean a very small drop in the rear. anything to where the front and rear get dropped to me IMO is just too much. of course ive always been a lifted truck man. 2wd trucks lowered with a ton of power is good tho too. as far as the wing if its not obnoxiously big i see no problem with that.

2010 Silverado Z71

Kyle-USAF-MI/VA

"Fueled by Haters"

TCS front box 7"-9" set at 8.5" | FTS coilovers(blue coil) with resis and FTS shocks with resis| 20" Fuel Off-Road Revolver Rims | 35x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers | Halo Projector Head Lights by Recon- Black | Led Taillights by Recon- Smoked | Dumped Straight pipe | Volant CAI | Ranch Hand Front Bumper | DiabloSport Trinity Programmer | Tow Mirrors with Turn Signal | Cervinis Ram-Air hood | 4.56 USA gears with tru trac locker | Longshot Lighting 6000k 55w low beam and 6000k 35w fogs HIDs | 7" lift leaf spring | Blue TCS traction bars

Future Mods: Long tube headers
    | Custom tune | Cam | Stall Converter

So, I went ahead and put a drop on my truck... but I'm skeptical as to the workmanship and parts that were used vs. the parts that I was told were going to be used. I asked for a 3/5 and they told me that it would be a McGaughy's kit (2"drop spindle and 1"spring in the front, flip kit and 2" hanger in the back)... but I went to pick up Truck and the front doesn't look as low as it should, and the spring is definitely still stock. Anybody heard of a 3" drop spindle from McGaughy's? Other than that, I LOVE THE NEW RIDE.

(Before)

RST Spoiler is in, will be ordering the roll pan and hood end of the month

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I would give it a couple of weeks to settle down before you start questioning it. I put a 2" drop on my 07 Eclipse. It took it a couple of days to settle down to the manufacturer promised height.

On another note, that look FREAKING SWEET!

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    I would give it a couple of weeks to settle down before you start questioning it. I put a 2" drop on my 07 Eclipse. It took it a couple of days to settle down to the manufacturer promised height.

On another note, that look FREAKING SWEET!
    Thanks Bro! the only reason I'm questioning the drop in the front is because he TOLD me that there would be a 2" spindle and a 1" drop spring.. and i didn't get a new spring.

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    Thanks Bro! the only reason I'm questioning the drop in the front is because he TOLD me that there would be a 2" spindle and a 1" drop spring.. and i didn't get a new spring.
    Ahh, in that case I might be a tad bit worried.

Yeah, Fernando has some questions to answer face to face when i get back from the field!

I ordered, received and installed my new DIC panel for Truck Norris last month and never posted on it. Works like a charm, took all of 3 mins to install!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-16_21-21-20_440.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	37492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-19_13-59-38_568.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	37493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-18_15-27-31_910.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	37494
    Installed it right before i made the trip to Waco to pick up the two blocks for modding! I'm altogether please with it!

Also ordered my roll pan yesterday, it's already on its way to my house and should be there when I get home!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roll pan.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	37495
    Found the hood I think I'm going to get, but curious to know if anyone else has heard of the company that makes it?
    http://suncoastcreations.com/b-h-1-c...ood-21017.html
    That's a link to it, it looks pretty legit to me. Just looking for others' input.

LOL.. I suppose this is going to turn into my build thread. Anybody got a problem with this?

Last edited by 08_rado_rocker; 04-10-2012 at 08:10 AM.

Master Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I have lowered and lifted quite a few trucks in my days, i have never owned a lowered truck, they are cool just not for me, I will say i find it harder and more costly to lower them properly, then it is too lift them, and now a days I would think the costs are relatively close lift or lower the 3 or 4 inches.....
    all the lowered trucks i have done have left my shop ... to go to a body shop and get some ground effects on them to finnish and thats what i like the best about them. the sleek looks when they are finished....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 Last Post byLast Post by