GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Lowered is for cars. Like trix are for kids
    WHAT? now now coach, everyone knows trix are for adults and you better use protection. :na:

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

this is just me, but i feel a lowered truck is a wasted truck. very little left that you can do with it then. no off roading, no hauling anything, no running over animals along the highway, no real fun. it makes no better than a car restricted to the road. i have a lowered car for the road. the truck got what its supposed to have, a lift kit and big tires. even with 600lbs of audio equipment hooked up in it i can still go off road with ease.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Adam......Your Truck Look just Beautiful!!!........One Sharp Looking Silverado.............I item I noticed, and that is you don't have the front License Plate on.........no hassles from your local law enforcement regarding that??.......I wish I didn't have to run with a front Plate!!
    \

Not sure where Adam lives but here in Alberta we don't have front plates. I used to roll with a vanity plate of some graffiti my buddy did on my old truck, but the new one doesn't even have holes in the front bumper for a plate and I'm not about to drill them.

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

this is just me, but i feel a lowered truck is a wasted truck. very little left that you can do with it then. no off roading, no hauling anything, no running over animals along the highway, no real fun. it makes no better than a car restricted to the road. i have a lowered car for the road. the truck got what its supposed to have, a lift kit and big tires. even with 600lbs of audio equipment hooked up in it i can still go off road with ease.
    If it is a 2wd truck lifting it would be a waste of money. Nothing sillier than wasting money with no performance gains in my opinion. Why drop $2k on all the stuff to lift a 2wd that will probably see as much off road action as a mild lowered truck? I guess it all depends on what you use the truck for. I use mine as a daily driver and to haul things in the bed. Even with it lowered I can still use the load air bags to help out with the heavy stuff.
    Old Show Trucks USA conversion
    Custom Paint, interior (Wood grain and leather seats) windows so dark you need a flash light to see me, stock rims, headers, dual exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    WHAT? now now coach, everyone knows trix are for adults and you better use protection. :na:

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I'm actually kinda curious as to who lied to you and told you that you cant use it to haul stuff? LOL.. i think I've hauled MORE with it lowered than i have in the past honestly. And last i checked.. two lm7 long blocks wouldn't fit in a camaro. I just hauled both of those with no issue across Texas, could have filled the entire bed if i had the cash right then. AND.. i have a system in it.. but that's just me. It's actually a hell of a lot easier to load stuff into the back of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-20_19-21-21_56.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	37531 when is the last time you loaded a king size 450lb mattress into a truck with a 12" lift?? I bet it was easier for me. AND!!!!! Even my beloved Grama can get into my vehicle with no problem.

...but that's just me. And that's the beauty of it. It's all a matter of personal opinion. Yes, I do miss being able to go to the ranch with Truck Norris, but then again.. why not just buy an older model 4x4 and lift it a little? have the best of both worlds?? (ps.. that's what I'm doing)

For this build.. it's lowered. I dont need extra opinions trying to state cases as to why you think I'm retarded for lowering my truck, you either like it.. or you dont. Take dont's elsewhere. I have my reasons. Thanks.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I have seen some preety nice lowered trucks, but like others I prefer my truck up a bit higher than the curb. It gives me an excuse to boost her up in the passengers seat , as I don't carry a step stool.LOl.
    You are all correct , it is about ones personal preference and if we all liked the exact same stuff , it would be pretty boring around thesse parts. I enjoy my ride and wish I could add to it but at this time I can't. But I do appreciate hard work done by others to get the ride they like.

So lets all agree to disagree and find the positive in others projects. Me included.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    I'm actually kinda curious as to who lied to you and told you that you cant use it to haul stuff? LOL.. i think I've hauled MORE with it lowered than i have in the past honestly. And last i checked.. two lm7 long blocks wouldn't fit in a camaro. I just hauled both of those with no issue across Texas, could have filled the entire bed if i had the cash right then. AND.. i have a system in it.. but that's just me. It's actually a hell of a lot easier to load stuff into the back of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-20_19-21-21_56.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	37531 when is the last time you loaded a king size 450lb mattress into a truck with a 12" lift?? I bet it was easier for me. AND!!!!! Even my beloved Grama can get into my vehicle with no problem.

...but that's just me. And that's the beauty of it. It's all a matter of personal opinion. Yes, I do miss being able to go to the ranch with Truck Norris, but then again.. why not just buy an older model 4x4 and lift it a little? have the best of both worlds?? (ps.. that's what I'm doing)

For this build.. it's lowered. I dont need extra opinions trying to state cases as to why you think I'm retarded for lowering my truck, you either like it.. or you dont. Take dont's elsewhere. I have my reasons. Thanks.

with my lifted suburban i loaded about 1300lbs of house hold goods inside of it and had a trailer hooked up with a little over 7000lbs of shop equipment. hit the interstate at 70mph with cruise on and the a/c at full tilt. i would hate to think of a lowered truck of any kind hauling that much weight.

Looks like it has turned into a pissing match hahaha. I like my dd lifted so I can see over everyone but I got a muscle truck as well that's slammed. But if your gunna drop a newer truck just bag it and it's gotta be fast or it's Pointless.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    when is the last time you loaded a king size 450lb mattress into a truck with a 12" lift??
    A 450lb mattress? I call shenanigans on that. I used to deliver mattresses for a living and I could lift a King size over my shoulder....there is no way I can lift 450lbs.

Not trying to troll you, just poking fun.
    Last edited by UpsetProps; 04-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

I miss my lowered truck. It also had rear helper bags so I would be able to haul just as much as it could from factory. They aren't everyone's taste but I'm into them even though I now own a 4x4. There are a lot of times that I want to run down to the dealership and pick up a new 2wd to slam and cruise in.

Here is my dream slammed NNBS.

My lifted Sierra when I get done. Just to prove that I swing but ways. (Not in the homo way either)

Last edited by lonelywolf858; 04-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.

Master Mechanic

@Coach24
    @mudpuppy
    [QUOTE=mudpuppy;456906]WHAT? now now coach, everyone knows trix are for adults and you better use protection. :na:

this is just me, but i feel a lowered truck is a wasted truck. very little left that you can do with it then. no off roading, no hauling anything, no running over animals along the highway, no real fun. it makes no better than a car restricted to the road. i have a lowered car for the road. the truck got what its supposed to have, a lift kit and big tires. even with 600lbs of audio equipment hooked up in it i can still go off road with ease.[/QUOTE

The title of the thread is 'Those who "praise the lowered" Chevy Trucks'

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywolf858 View Post
    I miss my lowered truck. It also had rear helper bags so I would be able to haul just as much as it could from factory. They aren't everyone's taste but I'm into them even though I now own a 4x4. There are a lot of times that I want to run down to the dealership and pick up a new 2wd to slam and cruise in.

Here is my dream slammed NNBS.

My lifted Sierra when I get done. Just to prove that I swing but ways. (Not in the homo way either)
    What year was that s10? Growing up my dad had a lowered '88 S10. He put a pool in the back for me to swim in, I loved that truck.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast