GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmisson wont shift into 4th

i have a 99 silverado 4x4 with a 5.3l and my transmission is refusing to go into overdrive now. it clicks and pops every now and then when i shift it into drive. it lags going into reverse. i have a bullydog programmer on it and it shows a shift solenoid a malfunction. any ideas? i had this transmission rebuilt about a year ago.
    5.3L VORTEC
    EXT CAB PEWTER
    33X11.50X16 MICKEY THOMPSON TTC CLAW
    AR MAINLINE RIMS
    STRAIGHT PIPE
    LEVELED OUT
    7 FOOT FIRE STICK BLUE
    COBRA CB
    2 12S AND A 3500 WATT AMP
    6000K HID IN FOG AND HEADLIGHT WITH SMOKED LENSES

My brother had this problem twice on his 99. We replaced all the solenoids and it was good. They're in the pan. Once we fixed that she was good to go till it happened again and we replaced a part above the solenoids and it was golden.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Any info on how hard it is to change em and the expense I'm looking at?
    5.3L VORTEC
    EXT CAB PEWTER
    AR MAINLINE RIMS
    STRAIGHT PIPE
    LEVELED OUT
    7 FOOT FIRE STICK BLUE
    COBRA CB

Drain and drop pan and pull the clips that hold them in and pull em out. Don't quote me but it shouldn't be more than two hundred fifty. Not exactly sure though on price.

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment

OK well thanks a transmission kinda scares me so we are taking it to the Guy who rebuilt it he said it won't be to mthanks for everything
    5.3L VORTEC
    EXT CAB PEWTER
    AR MAINLINE RIMS
    STRAIGHT PIPE
    LEVELED OUT
    7 FOOT FIRE STICK BLUE
    COBRA CB

No prob great group here

Current:
    Future: