GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2011 Crew Cab and Zone Offroad lift

Let me say I really like this site and found a lot of good information. I use my truck as a daily driver and towing antique cars and tractors. So I am not looking to lift it sky high or take away any of the drivability or handling of the stock ride. I just want to have the truck look a little different than the rest of the trucks.

I have not found much in this section about the Zone Offroad 2" lift kit for the NBS trucks. I know on their website it indicates you can run a 285-55R20 tire on factory rims, which would be 32.5 tall and 11.7 wide. I have the 18" rims and was looking at this kit when it is time to replace my tires. I was thinking I wanted to run 275-70R18 tires which are 33.2 tall and 11.1 wide.

Anyone tried this kit with this size tire or larger? I know there are people who say they are running 33" tires with just a leveling kit.
    Omaha, NE

2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab Z71 All Star Edition
    Victory Red/Ebony
    ReadyLift 2.25" Leveling Kit
    ReadyLift 2.25" Rear Block Kit
    Extang Tuff Tonno
    Line-X UTR Bedliner

Future: Cooper Discoverer AT3's when my stockers wear out....

The tire sizes you mentioned are all around 33". You should be ok with a 2" lift to fit 33s. However, every truck is different and you may have to do some trimming to alleviate any rubbing issues if they arise.
    Last edited by TELORVEHC; 01-31-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    The tire sizes you mentioned are all around 33".
    Agreed. The "definition" of 33's varies widely. 275/70's will rub some.

So I have been looking for different kits the last few days and really like the options of the Fat Bobs Garage kits. I was thinking the 2.5" front and 1" or 1.5" rear block or the rear leaf kit. I have a few questions in to them about the hardware and the approx. lift of the add a leaf with a new truck.

Anyone have one of these kits? They are a reinforced nylon front spacers, just like the RC kit. I know I want to add a little height to the back since I tow frequently and do not want a real badly dropped rear in those cases. The add a leafs are a nice feature since they would help eliminate the drop when I do tow.
    Omaha, NE

Victory Red/Ebony
    Extang Tuff Tonno
    Line-X UTR Bedliner

Dont know much about those kits, but the ReadyLift 2.25 with the rear blocks either 2" or 3" is a sweet looking setup. I loved mine with the level and 2" block.

________2013 4C Rated__________

So I heard back from Fat Bob's Garage about their kits. The front spacers are fiberglass reinforced nylon and the rear blocks are cast steel. They also use grade 8 hardware for the ubolts and all of the fasteners. One of the employees posts on another truck bulletin board and offered a 10% discount for finding out about them from the forums.
    That would make the kit I was looking at $134 with free shipping. I think I will give it a try and see if it is the look that I want. I have a few miles to go before I start thinking about new tires, but I will like the look all the same.
    Omaha, NE

Victory Red/Ebony
    Extang Tuff Tonno
    Line-X UTR Bedliner

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Dont know much about those kits, but the ReadyLift 2.25 with the rear blocks either 2" or 3" is a sweet looking setup. I loved mine with the level and 2" block.
    Do you have pictures of this? Its what I was thinking of doing, the 2.25 and a 2 in the back. I don't want to level, just bump it all up and maybe a hair more level.

Or I was thinking the 5100's all round which would do 2" right?
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Do you have pictures of this? Its what I was thinking of doing, the 2.25 and a 2 in the back. I don't want to level, just bump it all up and maybe a hair more level.

Or I was thinking the 5100's all round which would do 2" right?
    I do have a few pics but can't get photobucket to work ok the iPhone. Just look at my thread titled pics of my '08 Silverado.

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Ha,Ha, you have an Iphone.
    Adam, whore out a pic of my truck leveled and clear out some of your PM's. Had something funny to send you today and you were slam full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast