GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Count as an "other GM car"???? LOL

So i've got a 1991 nissan 240sx that i am working on putting a 427 in... would anyone here consider that an "other" in the GM car line??

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Quote Originally Posted by 08_rado_rocker View Post
    So i've got a 1991 nissan 240sx that i am working on putting a 427 in... would anyone here consider that an "other" in the GM car line??
    Oh heck yea! I wanna see pics of this.. Seen a few RX7s with LS1 swaps and a miata with an LS7 swap. They're always cool

2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

I see lots of guys at southeast drift events with ls1s. I need to get another 240 and get back in the drift game got a 327 that should be enough.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

My friend and I are building an 88 Z31 300ZX with a TT 4.8 LS with a T56 6spd. It should be a fun car. Our biggest problem is figuring out what rear to use that will hold the power we are going to make.

Post up some pics of the 240. I love seeing big engines in little cars!
    Last edited by 07XCSB; 04-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Yes, it counts. The engine is most of what makes it a gm anyway. Well, some other aspects, but that's the big one. I'll tell you what.... we'll call it borderline until you slap some bowties on it. That will make it official.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

How will you Title it?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Bow Tie power plant?? Close enough for me. lol Gonna be ALL motor lol
    Please Tell Your Boobs To Quit Staring At My Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by roughcntryrado View Post
    Oh heck yea! I wanna see pics of this.. Seen a few RX7s with LS1 swaps and a miata with an LS7 swap. They're always cool
    It's kinda a stale project right now, basically just sittin on blocks in my storage unit with no drivetrain in it, but it'll be greatness!

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I see lots of guys at southeast drift events with ls1s. I need to get another 240 and get back in the drift game got a 327 that should be enough.
    Yeah, the 427 is kind of overkill.. but i had it laying around... and isn't that what boredom does? haha

Quote Originally Posted by 07XCSB View Post
    My friend and I are building an 88 Z31 300ZX with a TT 4.8 LS with a T56 6spd. It should be a fun car. Our biggest problem is figuring out what rear to use that will hold the power we are going to make.
    Post up some pics of the 240. I love seeing big engines in little cars!
    you can't really go wrong with a ford 9 inch (as much as it pains me to say the f word) but it's true. no pics of engine in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy09LTZCrew View Post
    Yes, it counts. The engine is most of what makes it a gm anyway. Well, some other aspects, but that's the big one. I'll tell you what.... we'll call it borderline until you slap some bowties on it. That will make it official.
    Ill throw some SS emblems on her ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    How will you Title it?
    ...that's a technicality that need not be brought into this conversation. LMFAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by osgprometheus View Post
    Bow Tie power plant?? Close enough for me. lol Gonna be ALL motor lol
    Yessir! that's the plan!!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending