GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Intros.

Default Intros.

Is it really necessary for people, or person, to post welcomes to 6 year old threads. These members have been long gone, seems like your just clogging up the boards with wasteful posts. Save your welcomes for more current members. Welcomes are all good and all but they really shouldn't count towards post count.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Is it really necessary for people, or person, to post welcomes to 6 year old threads. These members have been long gone, seems like your just clogging up the boards with wasteful posts. Save your welcomes for more current members. Welcomes are all good and all but they really shouldn't count towards post count.
    Just trying to resurrect as Steve asked. Not a personal vendetta by any means just trying to accommodate the wishes of the administrator to help the club.
    I believe that is what club members do is help each other and the club. Am I wrong?

I don't have the time , but am curious as to how many of your post counts are from welcoming members. Just curious.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Not as many as you , obviously, but the ones I have were current. I really don't see any point in "welcoming" someone who's most recent activity was 6 years ago. Just making an observation, because I see many current threads were getting buried behind 2 or more pages of irrelevant "welcomes". But if this is what Steve wants so be it, I just think it is a waste, that's all.

I am uncertain who is the leader in posts on membership nor do I really care at this point. That is not my purpose, to build post numbers, in doing so. My purpose is to fold. One- to get old members back and running, two- to get older members back and possibly involved on the truck meets.
    Both purposes have had success. Not as much as I personally would like to see but success is a move in the forward direction.

as far as post counts I could care less who is in first and who is still on third base.
    When you see an older thread just pass by if it does not interest you. You obviously can see the dates or you wouldn't have started a thread about it.

Have a great day!

Legend

Blog Entries

Adam you are correct.....

Coach -- In fact, if you view the Welcoming Committee dialog, you will see that a mod asked specifically not to resurrect these old threads. Since you are a member of the Welcoming Committee, I would have assumed you were aware of this but since you are not, please click the following link. Also, I confirmed with Murdog a couple weeks ago that this rule is still in play.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/gro...204&do=discuss

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals