GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Newbie from NH

Master Mechanic

Default Newbie from NH

Hello,
    Wanted to introduce myself. Female from NH; I joined the forum to collaborate with those who have customized their trucks and can provide insight on various questions. As I do my own research I plan to contribute to the knowledge base. I will always double check my facts before I give out information.
    Just bought a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab and am beginning to customize. Being the 2nd time around for getting into $$ customizations I'm really taking my time to consider my mod options and how I want the truck to look.
    I'm a newbie to forums in general so I will try to take some time to read the rules and already know to search for existing posts before posting a question.

Well.. guess I'll be the first! HOWDY and Welcome to the forum! I just joined not too long ago, and I am thoroughly happy with results I have gotten out of everyone on here. It's a good group of people with lots of different information on lots of different subjects! I've got an 08 Texas Edition 'Rado I'm gonna be adding more and more mods to, so looking forward to seeing your build!

on!

-B.J.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Master Mechanic

Sounds good, just added my first accessory last night, black powder coated billet chevy Bowie for the grille. Planning on getting the duel exhaust tomorrow, can't wait!!!

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Meant "bowtie" not bowie...stupid auto correct

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club AMac!!! It's always nice to see a woman that appreciates a truck. Enjoy the site!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome to the site, lookin forward to the evolution of your truck! You'll be sure to find loads of information here, good luck on you're mods!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Master Mechanic

@Drake_korthos
    Your avatar reminds me of my 09 Sierra. I must have hit my head when I decided to trade it in. 18 months later, I'm happy to be in a truck again.
    I noticed in your list of truck items you mentioned 'Recon' and 'taillights/headlights', are those Recon or is it just the 3rd brake light? If they are recon what did you get for the tails; clear or smoked? What are you running for bulbs for reverse lights?

My AVS aero skin hood deflector came in tonight, looks pretty slick and fits nicely. Very different from my previous selection of deflectors, I think it's new too.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    @Drake_korthos
    I noticed in your list of truck items you mentioned 'Recon' and 'taillights/headlights', are those Recon or is it just the 3rd brake light? If they are recon what did you get for the tails; clear or smoked? What are you running for bulbs for reverse lights?
    Hey AMac, I actually replaced all of my stock lighting to RECON lighting from headlights, to taillights! My tail lights are their smoked lens'. They do have two varieties to choose from: the smoked ones I have and a Dark Red smoked lens which is a lot darker. As for my reverse lights? I actually left them the standard incandescent lights that the housing came with. They serve their purpose just fine for me. I still have a few more RECON items I'm thinkin about, but I'm pretty much done with lighting for now! Good luck with the mods, and don't hesitate to ask if ya have any other questions!

Welcome aboard great and very knowledgeable group of people here. Looking forward to seeing your future mods.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_korthos

Hey AMac, I actually replaced all of my stock lighting to RECON lighting from headlights, to taillights! My tail lights are their smoked lens'. They do have two varieties to choose from: the smoked ones I have and a Dark Red smoked lens which is a lot darker. As for my reverse lights? I actually left them the standard incandescent lights that the housing came with. They serve their purpose just fine for me. I still have a few more RECON items I'm thinkin about, but I'm pretty much done with lighting for now! Good luck with the mods, and don't hesitate to ask if ya have any other questions!
    Well I ordered the tail lights the other day, I got the smoked ones. I looked at the pictures of your truck in your album and I like the look of the tails and the entire truck. Looking on recon's website I thought the red smoked ones would be too dark and I would have issues getting pulled over in NH. I ended up ordering the 5w Cree high Powered LEDs. In another truck w/ LEDs I did a 360
    LED bulb, it was bright but the light was too scattered to be of any use. I got good deal on the tails $275 free s/h; but then again they were $50 cheaper then the Sierra lights.

If your looking for Recon items and get them directly from Recon google for a coupon code. I think I tried 'CUMMINS' and it gave me 20% off. I ended up going through StreetSideAuto.com, they were cheaper than most every other online retailer and I used a coupon code to get another 10% off.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by