GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need advice on how to get 2 more inches of lift and good angles

I have the ccm 2.5 upper coil spacer up front and 2.5 inch blocks in the rear. I'm ordering a add a leaf. Should I get an axle shim? Also do you think I should drop the transfer case any? And up front I'm not sure how to get another 2 inches with good cv angles. Any help
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Do you have any driveline vibrations now? I don't think you'll need to drop the transfer case or add axle shims otherwise. As for getting more lift up front while still maintaining good CV angles, I don't think it's possible unfortunately. I'm really not sure though. But since you have a leveling kit and want another 2 inches on top of that, why not do it right and save up for a full lift kit?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

2.5" blocks in the rear will only give you 1.25" of lift, after removal of the factory 1.25" block. Of course I'm assuming that you are not planning to stack blocks....I hope you aren't anyway. As far as the front end, you are maxed out man. There are people out there that will tell you that they have 3" and 4" worth of leveling kits crammed in on their trucks, but DO NOT do it. It's a sure way to destroy your front end, ride quality, and most importantly it's a major safety issue. Do it right or not at all.

That's what I was afraid of. Yea I'm not gunna be stacking blocks, I love my life. My truck rides great for being on mud terrians. My issue with buying a lift is I got other vehicles that need my money. I'm Gunna do some research and possibly build drop brackets and all that.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod