GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Driveline vibration

I raised a friend of mines 08 2500 4x4 Stampede edition with the 6.6 diesel and it has a vibration in it, once it hits 45mph and last till around 52mph then the vibration goes away and you can feel a slit vibration in it when going around a slit curve in the road at around 55mph to 60mph but when you get back riding straight it fades off to nothing, I have had the tires and wheels balanced 3 times and two new tires put on it thinking that was the problem, but i put the old tires and wheels back on and still same vibration. it has a 4inch skyjacker lift kit with 33x12.50x20 dick cepek fun country 11 tires on 20x9 KMC KD series badlands wheel, I also have messed with the pinion angle several times to get it to go away and no luck. i was hoping someone has ran into this problem before that would be able to help me out, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Legend

warped rotors possibly, is it still under warranty?
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

The lift kit and programmer voided the warranty. Im not trying to be smart or anything but if you would explain a little bit on how warped rotors are going to cause a vibration with out braking, i know it does not have a brake pulsation, i appreciate the suggestion but if you would explain a little. Thanks.

Legend

its very simple actually, the rotors can be very slightly warped and with the increase of speed the imbalance of the rotor has a greater force on the spindle causing a vibration, its the same as an imbalanced tire you may not feel it at 20-30 but as the speed gets quicker the force gets harder and more noticable. i always suggest warped rotors just because its the easiest thing to check and its free instead of wasting money and guessing at something. I have had this more often then not that its the rotors, and especially being in a truck you already have a greater reisitan/enertia/momentum force when applying the brakes then compared to a compact you may be less likely to have that rotor transfer the feel back to the pedal.

i will give it a try and see what happens, thanks for your help.

It's looking like i have 3 bad tires, i had the tires road forced balance at the dealer instead of have the guy that mounted them to do it again i had already had him do them 3 times. one came back at 9lbs of road force and the other 3 come back at 60lbs, after these 3 new tires are put on this will make 9 tires i have had put on this truck, the 4 when they were first put on and mount and then had two already replaced because of this and then another 3, this is ridiculous.