GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Headlight bulb replacement?

I want my lights brighter a little. I just want to replace the bulb, no kits. Iím not looking to spend a lot of money. Around $50 for both. There are too many to choose from. I was planning on going to auto zone. What is the best bulb?
    FYI, my lights are not burned out just want brighter. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Do they all have a blue tint? It is an 08, my bad
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

ddmtuner.com the headlights were 40 dollars i got my fog lights with them both for 96 total and they are BRIGHT i got the 10k Hids on my 06 silverado they are not just blue they are white blue yellow gold go to the website and look because thats the cheapest price ive seen

Thank you......
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Quote Originally Posted by tiggermane44 View Post
    ddmtuner.com the headlights were 40 dollars i got my fog lights with them both for 96 total and they are BRIGHT i got the 10k Hids on my 06 silverado they are not just blue they are white blue yellow gold go to the website and look because thats the cheapest price ive seen
    Ive bought stuff from ddmtuning too, but that is an HID kit. if you are just looking for bulbs and want to get them at say an autozone etc the sylvania silverstars or the new crystal visions will give you more lumens than stock. they arent the super cheap but still should be in that price range you were looking for.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Ive bought stuff from ddmtuning too, but that is an HID kit. if you are just looking for bulbs and want to get them at say an autozone etc the sylvania silverstars or the new crystal visions will give you more lumens than stock. they arent the super cheap but still should be in that price range you were looking for.
    Thank you. I think i'm going to just go Autozone tomorrow.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

See surreal's hid right up and then I explain the theory at the end of the post. HIDs are great just not great for vehicles

RECON has xenon bulb replacements for $29.95 plus shipping and handeling. Come in a variety of colors depending on what you want! Good luck and let us know what you decide on!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Silverstars definitely, Just remember they don't last as long as the stock bulbs but they are brighter and legal. I really like my 6000K HIDs and you can get them cheap but do your research, some are cheap and some are inexpensive. I went with the Philips but they are pricey. 6000K don't get the wrong attention.

Blog Entries

I still can't believe people think the head lights in these Chevy pickups are dim!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I put the piaa bulbs in mine. They are very white (no blue at all). They are considerably brighter and come with a one year replacement warranty. They run about the same price as the bulbs at autozone

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast