GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default excited finally getting all my work done

    I havent posted in a loooong time but finally decided to put finish my truck after a year of figuring out if i really wanted to spend the money. Tomorrow it will be completely finished and i cant wait to see the results. I have a 2005 Z71 Crew Cab i bought about 15 months ago. Still only has 60k miles on it. It is the Pewter color which i wasnt a huge fan of at first but has grown on me.

    well this week this what ive done or doing.

    17 inch Pro comp rims
    33 inch Cooper Discovery SST tires...surprised at how agressive they look
    leveling kit/shocks
    black brush guard
    black low profile tool box
    44 series flow masters.
    Black nerf bars

    Cant wait til Saturday for everything to be complete. Hope it looks good and just thought id share.

  2. #2

    Default

    Sounds like you put a lot into it, can't wait to see some pics of those upgrades..


    2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

  3. #3
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    i will definitely get some of them posted on saturday...im hoping it looks good.

    i see a lot of trucks in pics on here with black bow ties. Anyone have a place to order these for a z71 or are people just painting them?

  4. #4

    Default

    Most just paint them, can't wait to see the upgrades on a fellow '05 Crew!
    Adam


  5. #5
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Most just paint them, can't wait to see the upgrades on a fellow '05 Crew!
    is there any specific paint you would use?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SargeZ71 View Post
    I havent posted in a loooong time but finally decided to put finish my truck after a year of figuring out if i really wanted to spend the money. Tomorrow it will be completely finished and i cant wait to see the results. I have a 2005 Z71 Crew Cab i bought about 15 months ago. Still only has 60k miles on it. It is the Pewter color which i wasnt a huge fan of at first but has grown on me.

    well this week this what ive done or doing.

    17 inch Pro comp rims
    33 inch Cooper Discovery SST tires...surprised at how agressive they look
    leveling kit/shocks
    black brush guard
    black low profile tool box
    44 series flow masters.
    Black nerf bars

    Cant wait til Saturday for everything to be complete. Hope it looks good and just thought id share.
    Can't wait to see the pics...
    Mike - SoCal

    07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift


    08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

  7. #7

    Default

    sounds like a good set of mods. cant wait to see how it turned out.

    PS I'm kinda partial to the pewter
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

  8. #8
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    sounds like a good set of mods. cant wait to see how it turned out.

    PS I'm kinda partial to the pewter
    i see you have the cooper discovery st's....that is what i just got put on about 15 minutes ago accept i went with a 33...

    tomorrow is the leveling kit, brush guard, and tool box....then ill take pics.

  9. #9

    Default

    did you get the ST like me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	34334

    or did you get the STT
    http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light...STT.aspx?tab=2
    which is more like the Toyo open country? I was looking at the STT but couldnt quite pull the trigger on 275 a tire. I have 13k on my tires and love them so far. Not too loud (STT will be louder) but they are an aggressive tread so they do make noise. I would have a bunch more miles on them but I bought a commuter car last year so the miles arent piling up (which isnt a bad thing). Tread wear is great so far, and I have heard some say they have gotten near the 60k mile range with them.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

  10. #10
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Valdosta, ga
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    did you get the ST like me
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	34334

    or did you get the STT
    http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light...STT.aspx?tab=2
    which is more like the Toyo open country? I was looking at the STT but couldnt quite pull the trigger on 275 a tire. I have 13k on my tires and love them so far. Not too loud (STT will be louder) but they are an aggressive tread so they do make noise. I would have a bunch more miles on them but I bought a commuter car last year so the miles arent piling up (which isnt a bad thing). Tread wear is great so far, and I have heard some say they have gotten near the 60k mile range with them.
    i got the stt...and they are pretty loud...but not horrible...they are pretty beastly looking though..love them...for 1200 installed, balanced, etc. i cant complain at all...

    i get everything else done at 9 tomorrow...ill try to get pics up tomorrow sometime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Excited to FINALLY find a GM club!!
    By Drake_korthos in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 08:44 AM
  2. Excited to be a member!
    By ahobson1 in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 07:15 PM
  3. upgrades and work done (finally posting)
    By rdnkchvy2000 in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:42 PM
  4. sooo excited i figued id share
    By cliff334 in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
  5. I am so excited... New Chevrolet is home!
    By garagegoon in forum Photo & Video Gallery
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 07:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •