GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tahoe4444

Default Tahoe4444

Hi there I own a 2006 Tahoe, I live in Canada, i bought it from Texas. It's been a great truck so far except for an issue with my traction control. For about a year I've had this issue come and go. Sometimes when I try to accelerate from a stopped position, the truck will not go. there is no reaction from the gas peddle. The truck is not completely off but it hesitates for 3-4 seconds, TRACTION CONTOL ACTIVATED appears in the display, then all of a sudden everything is back to normal. It happens mostly when I take off at a light real slow. I know it's not completely shut down because I can put the tranny in nuetral and I have response from the peddle, then I put it back in drive and nothing? This can be very concerning when turning left into on comming traffic especially when you think you have loads of time. I've taken it into be looked at and of course when they take it out nothing happens! I have seen where lots of other people seem to have this issue with no real answer. Afew people think it has to do with the wheel hub assembly? I'm surprised Chev hasn't had a recall to fix this, it could be very dangerous.

Cheers!

Welcome to the G M T C ! I am not aware of this problem, but I'm sure if it is common you'll get some comments here. You will get more attention on one of our "Tech." forums. Good luck!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the club!!!! I'm not but it sounds like a sensor is giving a false reading of a traction loss. Im pretty sure someone on here will have the answer.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by retired2001 View Post
    Welcome to the G M T C ! I am not aware of this problem, but I'm sure if it is common you'll get some comments here. You will get more attention on one of our "Tech." forums. Good luck!
    @Tahoe4444 -- this x2. And welcome!

Welcome to the club and check the Tech Forum or search engine
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"