GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OHC installed.

Very Nice........it looks like it came that way from the Factory, Great Job on the Installed......

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'll have to call around and see if any of the junk yards have any tahoes/suburbans/silverados. Most of the ones around here have really old cars the newest being like early 90's.

And actually, if you ever go to the junk yard and happen across one, I will gladly pay shipping and then some if you could get one for me!
    We have different year trucks, so I didn't know how much was the same up there. That part is just one of those threaded spring clips, any parts store should have them on their "help" rack. I had one in my spare bolt bin, so mine was free, too. It'll save you shipping, anyway.
    Good luck,

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    We have different year trucks, so I didn't know how much was the same up there. That part is just one of those threaded spring clips, any parts store should have them on their "help" rack. I had one in my spare bolt bin, so mine was free, too. It'll save you shipping, anyway.
    Good luck,
    Thats a good point... they might not be hard to find in the states where there are decent parts stores. Here in Canada, the parts stores don't have that particular clip, and you can't even get it from the dealer because it doesn't show up in there parts system - I tried.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    Thats a good point... they might not be hard to find in the states where there are decent parts stores. Here in Canada, the parts stores don't have that particular clip, and you can't even get it from the dealer because it doesn't show up in there parts system - I tried.
    Well, it's a good excuse to check out the new Vautozone that just opened up in town.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12