GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tribute Ideas whatcha think?

My first truck was a 1989 Chevy Sport truck in white like in photo below (& thats not my truck in the pic because I wouldn't have the vinyl roof. lol) Anyways I found this nnbs silverado on you tube with the same tailgate decal the 89 had which got me thinking I should shave my gate clean & have the large bowtie with the sport logo instead of chevrolet, just as a tribute to my first truck. already have the red outline bowtie theme going. What does everyone think?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tributetosport.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	34382

Well, I think that is a great idea, it would look awesome. That is what I love about this site, the people on here are so creative and there are so many good ideas going around. No wonder there are so many hot trucks on here. GMTC is the best.

Thanks I like to try different things in customizing, Thats why I'm considering having SPORT on the back just to be different from the truck in the pic lol. Unless I did the full Sport graphics look with the rear fender logos the Chevrolet on the gate & the red silver pin stripe. I did have the idea of getting a red pinstripe that ended in flames like on of the harley davidson trucks but those are fords lol.

http://www.vinyldecalsuperstore.com/...ts_id=256?vm=r I found this decal shop site. But I'll check with my local guy to see if he can beat that he does great work. The pin striping (if done) will have to be custom because of the truck size difference & the body line drops under the side windows. may scratch the stripes & the logos will be enough to balance all the black. Thinking about it I must have been doing a tribute subconsciously with the full black grille & black red bowtie.

Heres a pic of the 1990 454SS I think the SPORT truck was a prototype for the SS mine was a year earlier had everything the 454 had including a 3 speed turbo 400 tranny but just had a 305 & not the fat rat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	454ss.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	34394