Results 1 to 7 of 7
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM #1
New 1500 owner. suggestions on extras. Bloomington, IL
Just bought a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4x2 5.3L V8. Thinking about putting magnaflow exhaust on it..any others that are good and wont burn a hole in my pocket? Preferably under $1000. Also looking for tinted head lights and tail lights, where's a good place to find those, besides eBay? Would like to replace the bumper and put a solid white bumper on and a black grille...any suggestions on places to find/order those? ALSO (sorry) would you rather do a roll on bed liner thats over half the price of getting it professionally sprayed in or get it done at a shop that specializes in that? Opinions and numerous suggestions are appreciated. =) Thanks!
01-12-2012, 12:29 AM #2
01-12-2012, 10:42 AM #3
Welcome - congratulations on the new ride. Only thing I can comment on is the bedliner - DO NOT go witht hte roll on stuff. It's worth the coin to have it sprayed!2007 Chevy Silverado LT1 Crew Cab
4x4, 5.3 Vortec Flex Fuel with Active Fuel Management
01-20-2012, 05:14 PM #4
haha thanks duckduckdog (funny name) i pretty well decided against it. im just gonna wait and spend $475 on the good stuff =) thanks again!"She Devil"
2008 Silverado 1500
02-03-2012, 11:29 AM #5
- Join Date
- Feb 2012
i painted my tailights with tailight tint and where i live its illegal to paint your headlights but umm exhaust all depends on what you want if want it loud go with no muffler straights y pipe x pipe etc if you want it soft go with a magnaflow or flowmaster
02-04-2012, 06:26 PM #6
- Join Date
- Feb 2010
- Lucedale, MS
- Blog Entries
Well, it sounds like your on the right track. I love the sound of the Magnaflow. I have to say though of all the mods I have done on my 5.3 my favorites are the Magnaflow exhaust and then the Edge CS programmer. I have done a lot of things to my truck and allot of them I had to redo because I am a perfectionist. The list below is the mods I have done that turned out great. I will not list the ones I had to redo because of poor quality parts or just bad taste on my part at the time. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
My 2002 Silverado SS Step Side
This has been my project for the past 2+ years and is finely complete.
1. Edge CS programmer w/Pod
2. K&N intake
3. Magnaflow exhaust
4. 2005 Tahoe grill with Grillcraft Stainless Steel SW series wire mesh insert
5. 2005 Tahoe Z71 valance under bumper with round fog lights
6. Recon LED Daytime Running Lights
7. Third Brake light is LED by IPCW
8. Tail lights are Spyder
9. Headlights are TYC
10. Front blinkers are Anzo LED
11. 6000K HIDs in headlights high beam, low beam and fog lights
12. LEDs everywhere else inside and out from V-Leds
13. rear lights wired to work like the new Silverado with 4 tail lights, blinkers and brakes
14. Lowered 2" in the rear
15. Genuine GM 20" chrome wheels with 285-50-20 tires
16. Drilled and slotted rotors
17. calipers painted to match
18. Kenwood DNX 6160 radio with Bluetooth, GPS, DVD, iPod, Back up Camera and satellite radio
19. 2 Cerwin vega amps "1400 watts total"
20. 2 - 10" Kicker subs in box under back seat.
21. 4 Infinity main speakers and 2 PB tweeters on front post
22. New custom paint job, Red Fire on Charcoal Gray
02-05-2012, 09:02 AM #7
Thank goodness for people broadcasting themselfs.... or their exhausts on youtube. Thats link should bring up an 08 Silverado 5.8 with magnaflows, & its easy to get lost in all the videos. I personally have a Flowmaster super 44 turned down before the rear axle. Sounds loud on the outside but not annoying to me on the inside.
By motoxgirl09 in forum Member IntroductionsReplies: 14Last: 01-20-2012, 10:55 PM
By parts bot in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 12-23-2011, 11:10 AM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBayReplies: 0Last: 07-17-2009, 10:50 PM
By DRMZ28 in forum General ClassifiedsReplies: 1Last: 11-10-2008, 11:37 PM
By TylerR04 in forum General ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last: 05-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Tags for this Thread