GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Ford asked GM to stop running Super Bowl Commercials!

Thoughts on this everyone?

DETROIT – Last evening Chevrolet was asked by Ford Motor Co. to stop showing its Super Bowl commercial for the Silverado, the longest-lasting, most-dependable full-size pickup on the road.

The good-humored ad, called “2012”, shows the Silverado navigating a completely over-the-top, outrageous version of the devastation and destruction predicted to occur this year by the Mayan calendar includes giant attack robots, meteors and frogs falling from the sky.

A group of friends, who are Silverado owners, makes its way to the designated meeting spot but notice one of their buddies is missing. The missing friend, however, did not drive a Chevrolet. Instead, he drove a Ford and doesn’t appear to have made it to the meeting point.

“We stand by our claims in the commercial, that the Silverado is the most dependable, longest-lasting full-size pickup on the road. The ad is a fun way of putting this claim in the context of the apocalypse,” said General Motors Global Chief Marketing Officer Joel Ewanick. “We can wait until the world ends, and if we need to, we will apologize. In the meantime, people who are really worried about the Mayan calendar coming true should buy a Silverado right away.”

The Silverado ad will run in the first quarter of the Super Bowl and is one of five spots that Chevrolet is debuting on Super Bowl Sunday. To see all of the spots visit:http://www.youtube.com/user/Chevrolet/home.

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Oh Ford needs to lighten up! Of course I'd be pretty butt hurt if almost every major car company was bashin my product (Chevy, Dodge, and even Toyota!). Don't get mad, get even! Make yer own dern commercial!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Legend

Blog Entries

Well Goverment motors is sparing no expense when it comes to their commercials. I expect to see this commercial every 15 minutes for the next year on every channel. LOL

CAnt wait for the Superman commercial when he opens his shirt to expose a huge BOWTIE. Then he flies in and saves a family fom buying a f&^d
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Master Mechanic

I'm just happy the Super Bowl commercials weren't plastered with Ford commercials, It's about time Chevy slaps Ford in the face

I thought the silverado commercial was funny. I called the ford comment when they were missing one of their friends. Ford asking them to stop running the ad is just payback for when Ford was running the actual customer press conference ads and one of the commercials featured a guy that only referenced GM by saying he was happy he wasnt buying a vehicle that was bailed out by the government. GM (and the gov.) complained and Ford wussed out and pulled the ad (I think they should have run the ad 3x as much). Hopefully Chevy keeps running this one.

Only thing better would have been showing a destroyed F150 in the commercial

Legend
    Blog Entries

I loved that commercial! It was better than Madonna's half time show by far.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    I loved that commercial! It was better than Madonna's half time show by far.
    Caddi? is that you man? Hope all is well and glad to see you posting again.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by