GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Changing 03 stereo to 07 6 disc??

Can someone tell me the best way to take off the trim piece around the stereo so I don't break it. I going to change the stock 03 cd/cassette to an 07 6 disc changer. Is there a stereo code I should look for on the new stereo?? Thanks!

This is for an 03 Trailblazer? You already have the 07 unit?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Taking the dash off your Trailblazer isn't all that hard.

There are a total of 4 philips screws that are near the carpet (two on the left and two on the right) that will allow the carpeted panel to slide downward.

Then you have 2 more philips screws to take off to get so you can remove the radio bezel.

Finally the stereo is kept in by three 9/32 hex head screws.

Default Yes I do already have a 07 unit!!! I bought it off of

Ebay last week. The guy kind of titled it wrong so I was the only one to bid on it. I got it for $135!! He ttok it out to put in Nav. Thanks Steve! I try it this afternoon

Default Steve, Unfortunately that did not work.

I found two phillip screws, one on each side of the carpet. The carpet panel barely moved because of the center console being in the way. The carpet panel also apeared to have clips right in front of the the center console making it very difficult to pull it in any direction. I did find 1 screw right next to the cigarette lighter. I unscrewed it. The bezel didn't budge! Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailergirl View Post
    I found two phillip screws, one on each side of the carpet. The carpet panel barely moved because of the center console being in the way. The carpet panel also apeared to have clips right in front of the the center console making it very difficult to pull it in any direction. I did find 1 screw right next to the cigarette lighter. I unscrewed it. The bezel didn't budge! Help!!!
    Huh, I had a bad install sheet I was going off of. I went out to my 2002 Trailblazer and I only had two screwholes as well. Hmm, let me look at this.
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 10-28-2007 at 09:38 PM.

Ok, I was looking at GMC Envoy stereo dash faceplate instructions. Here are the Trailblazer:

This is a BIG piece of plastic that is going to come forward. Be ready for it.

1) You will see two screws inside the instrument panel above the gauges. Remove them.

2) Just to the left of the power outlet you have an indented storage slot, there is a Philips screw in here, remove that.

3) There are two 7mm hex head screws under the steeting column, remove them to drop the lower panel. -- Now you have access to the last three screws holding on the faceplace, remove them.

4) You can now unsnap and remove the bezel. Use caution getting it off, especially around the steering wheel.

wow ! so much work ..on the tahoe it's

push the ebrake
    press down the brake
    drop the shifter into gear and lower the steering wheel

pull of the bezel .....done

2.5 mins ...some people do it even faster

trailblazers are soooooooo complicated LOL
    04 Tahoe LT 5.3L stock MSD 8.5mm Wires
    Gigbson Duels Straight Exhaust, Parrot 3100 Bluetooth
    K&N 77 Series CAI, Sirius Radio
    De-badged, Valet Dei remote start
    5000k HID -Higherlevelauto.com
    Federal 100watt air horn

Smile Steve, I did it!

It took me about 20 mins. The dash kept getting stuck on the ignition switch. That made it difficult to pull back enough to get to the head unit. Now, all I need to do is take it to the dealer to have it programmed. I'll do it at lunch. I have to changed the transfer case switch. I broke the knob off during installation. :( Thanks Steve!! Perfect info!

Default 2007 Radio

It does not appear that the 2007 radio will fit in a pre-2007 Envoy or Trailblazer. Did you get it to fit? If so, how much did it cost to have the codes activated?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by