GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I guess the alt just kicks out more volts when you first start the truck then settles at around 14.40.After driving around some more and playing music at normal levels the battery now reads 12.71 when the truck is off however I did have it tested today and it only has 600 of the 800 cold cranking amps so I will be getting a new one soon.Also the alt doesn't get hot under normal use...only when I turn up settings and volume which I assume is normal since it needs to work harder to keep up at that point.One other thing after putting this alt in and messing with the wires the truck feels more peppy or lighter could just be me though.

03 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab Z-71
    79 AMC Spirit GT
    77 Olds cutlass supreme

Finally got my system hooked up only running one of my swr-t12 and the pdx pumps the **** out of it i cant wait to built my box and add a second sub to it

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Hope your ride doesn't sound like a rattle can with all that bass; it's too nice for that. Did you sound deaden to eliminate buzzes from surfaces flexing against one another?

It actually surprises me how much it didnt rattle. No not yet that is my summer project hopefully when i add my speakers and built a custom box

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Nice burden,I think later on down the road I may upgrade to the pdx model.I am surprised at my truck too...I hear no rattles inside at all but outside on high volume my nerf bars buzz a bit and my rear cab vents rattle.The nerf bars aren't that bad and I am just going to put some foam in them but the cab vents sound nasty at high volume.

79 AMC Spirit GT
    77 Olds cutlass supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Z-71 View Post
    Nice burden,I think later on down the road I may upgrade to the pdx model.I am surprised at my truck too...I hear no rattles inside at all but outside on high volume my nerf bars buzz a bit and my rear cab vents rattle.The nerf bars aren't that bad and I am just going to put some foam in them but the cab vents sound nasty at high volume.
    There is rattle cans of rubber coating that you can apply to the vents that will help with the unwanted vibration. They sell it at most Autozone etc..where they have the bedliner stuff and auto paints. Also you may want to add some sound deadner to the back wall of the cab.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    There is rattle cans of rubber coating that you can apply to the vents that will help with the unwanted vibration. They sell it at most Autozone etc..where they have the bedliner stuff and auto paints. Also you may want to add some sound deadner to the back wall of the cab.
    Good Idea,I will have to do that one of these days.The vents will still work right?

79 AMC Spirit GT
    77 Olds cutlass supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Z-71 View Post
    Good Idea,I will have to do that one of these days.The vents will still work right?
    Yes, It just coats them like paint. I used it on the underside of the upper and lower parts of my side mirrors to keep them from rattling with my system.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Master Mechanic

Wow that the in dash looks awesome, fits like a glove. all you audio lovers are making me jealous w/ these crazy installs. Oh and nice walpaper on the screen
    Nice work!!

Thanks AMac.And thanks sstoner I will Be doing that for sure then.

79 AMC Spirit GT
    77 Olds cutlass supreme

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123