GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: New Coopers

Default New Coopers

I just got my new cooper st maxx tires today.I decided to go with these because I also bought a new set of cooper M+S's before winter as a set of dedicated snow tires and am now sold on cooper.I am buying a spare set of stock rims from the junkyard to mount these on and having them powdercoated or painted.The pictures don't do these tire's justice...

When I have these mounted I don't know if I should have the white lettering out or the black lettering out,What do you guys think would look better?

03 Chevy Silverado 1500 ext cab Z-71
    79 AMC Spirit GT
    77 Olds cutlass supreme

That's an awesome looking tire. I might have to try a set next time and I would go black out but do what you think looks best because it is you ride.

Luke
    '02 Chevrolet 2500hd
    6.6 Duramax LB7
    3.5" Straight Pipe
    4" MBRP Black Exhaust Tip
    Tow Mirrors
    TSC Black Low Profile Tool Box
    Maverick Brush Guard

Legend

Blog Entries

Cooper has always made a great tire. Let us know in the future how they ride and what kind of mileage and wear you get out of them. How much road and off road use and your personal opinion of the tire. Personal experience goes along way when people are looking for a good tire. thanks

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Those look great for an A/T tire! Made in the USA right?! I think you need to think of the scheme of the truck to decide on the white letters out or not. ie: I have black wheels and black running boards and white's out just would not mesh.

________2013 4C Rated__________

I run the stt and I love them I'm on my second set I got 50,000 on my last one and now there on a jeep still running. My buddy who owns a tire shop told me the m+s get even better mileage. Good choice. Btw I discovered a spray paint called plastic dip it's the best qa to paint rims
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Thanks everyone,I'll have to check that paint out ahmitchell1.I'm painting or powdercoating the rims black so I think black lettering but I'm not sure.Red Z-71 Max I will post when I have some miles on them and let you guys know everything.But thats another reason I went with these...They have rave reviews all over the web and they just came out.People claim - Even wear,Awesome traction on and offroad (Mud,Rocks,Beach),Even good in the snow.Noise similar to BFG AT,The only downfall is they are heavy these 265/75 16's I have are 54 lbs so people say acceleration and gas milage takes a little hit (If your coming from a lighter or smaller tire.Ajarmen yes they are made in USA.BTW I got mine for $860 out the door but I here prices are going up on tires soon.

Blog Entries

I like the white letters out ...personal decision for you, but with the colour of your truck, the white might
    offset and add some colour down below the body lines .....great tires though...............Brian
    Silverado Crew.....4.8 L

---Pendaliner BoxLiner and Side Rails....Van and Truck World
    ---Reese Adjustable Step Down Trailer Hitch....Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome eyebrow Mirror Covers.... Van and Truck World
    ---PUTCO chrome Bowtie 3rd Brake Light Cover....Van and Truck World
    ---DeeZee TailGate Assist ....Van and Truck World ( now Action Car and Truck Accessories )

---Westin Series side steps....Apple Auto Glass
    ---TRIFOLD rear soft Tonneau....Apple Auto Glass

---Chevrolet Bowtie Mudflaps...GM Dealer
    ---GM Rear Wheel Well liners...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Black Tow Hooks w Hloks
    ---GM Chrome Tailgate Handle/matching key-lock....GM Dealer
    ---GM Driver Information Center Upgrade...GM Dealer
    ---GM Front Tinted Bug Deflector...GM Dealer
    ---GM Chrome Door Handles....GM Dealer

---Better Built rear hitch step .... Lowe's !!!
    ---AVS Window VentVisors...Canadian Tire
    ---AVS tinted License plate covers....Wal-Mart

I figured I would update this.I just got the tires on a couple days ago so I can give you guys my first impression and then update again towards the end of summer.So far they feel awesome...I thought the ride would be ruff because they are a load E tire but I think it rides much better,takes bumps well,hardly any noise at all,whole truck feels more stable.The only downside is my truck accelerates a little slower and so I'm sure I lost a bit of MPG also.I am very happy with them so far.

I never got around to getting my rims painted,I still need to get an extra set.

The look awesome! What size did you go with?

Legend

Blog Entries

They look good on your truck...pretty meaty.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by