GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

I highly doubt you guys will need to worry about a line for these trucks anywhere in the states. Probably will be sold in most of Asia and maybe parts of the middle east. If you look for that car manufacturer online, you will probably find that a lot of their cars look similar to other makes/models.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Seriously folks the lines look much cleaner and better fitting than the F companies stuff. But a 4 cyl power plant? It is like getting a coffin but th isnside has Madonnas old costumes.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

They didn't have any other choice but to copy the F-150...I mean, they can't get their hands on parts that are quality enough for a Chevrolet copy cat.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    They didn't have any other choice but to copy the F-150...I mean, they can't get their hands on parts that are quality enough for a Chevrolet copy cat.
    LMBO...... Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I would not be in that line either. First issue is that is a chinese knockoff, second issue it is a knock off of a Ford. No thank you. If I ever won a ford in some kind of sweepstakes/drawing I would just sell it to buy a GM product or more custom crap for my truck.
    Same opinion here! ford's F 150 doesnt appeal to me (Even the Raptor) So why would i buy Chinese Crap Built in a communist country that treats their own poeple like Garbage.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by marko54 View Post
    Same opinion here! ford's F 150 doesnt appeal to me (Even the Raptor) So why would i buy Chinese Crap Built in a communist country that treats their own poeple like Garbage.
    Because everything we buy will come from China if current regime gets their way

I am sure Ford knows about it, the American companies make a lot of cars that they don't bring to US. Maybe they think they will get better sales with a new name! We buy Chinese, they don't buy American!
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

The only thing they buy are samples to duplicate and it no where bear comes to equality. But then again they hold our loans that the government decided to take from them.

China does this, they copy cars and sell them in just their country not to others. Like the F-150 they make them look really close. Top Gear UK did show a section of their show about Chinese cars and how they copy cars and doesnt pay royalty to whoever design they are stealing. Example is the BMW X5, and BMW sued China for copying there vehicle and BMW lost!

Here is the article about it: http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bm...nese-x5-clone/

But idk why they stole the F-150 design but they didnt pay Ford and its definitely not going to be sold over seas, Thank God lol
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

tell me what tech china hasnt stolen from the usa. its funny how some people say that china, japan and other countries have better tech than america. yet they fail to accept the fact that 70% of the planets tech is designed here in america and sold to other countries. how much stuff have you gotten that say designed in usa manufactured in china?
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.