GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Matt which part of the state do you live in. I ask because I bought my truck at one dealer but there is a closer one. I want to get the TSB done for the cab noise. I would prefer take it to the dealer closer but, if I am going to get hassled than I may just drive the 30 miles to take it to the place I bought it from.
    I live in the central part of the state (but not in Wake County). I bought my truck from Bob King Auto in Wilmington. If you're looking at going to a dealership in WF, Raleigh, Durham, etc. you're not going to be where I was. Despite how much I'm unhappy with what they did, I won't blast them publicly on this forum by calling them out by name.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Matt....First off I wanted to express, that I'm Sorry your having to deal with a Dealership that does not care about Customer Service and Second is......you have my Respect for the way you have handled yourself in this Thread, in explaining what has happened, without getting pissed-off!!......which IMO you have Every Right To Do So, for the way this was handled by a Dealership that Once again, Does Not Care about Customer Service.......I Hope as you mentioned the Following....(Only good thing is that my original dealer is going to try and help and make things right to some degree because they don't agree with what this dealer says, and they feel like I've gotten the runaround (and I agree)).....Your Dealership Does Steps Up and Does try to do the right thing in Correcting this Issue/Problem for you. .....Wishing you Good Luck, and Keep us up dated......

Thanks for the kind words. As an update, I have faxed my invoice to the dealership I bought the truck from. The service manager there is submitting it to GM and requesting a good will request, hopefully getting me back some, if not all of my money. There are no guarantees, but at least he's trying.

Lesson learned...from now on I will take my truck to a Chevy dealership near my office, and when/if I need service again...I'll drive the two hours to go to the dealership I bought it from. He's done me right, and even if he can't get me anything back, he's done more than my local dealer to ensure my business goes to him.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    I would have refused to pay the bill and I would make a call to the BBB to make a report against this shady dealership. No truck with 3400 miles should have worn out brake period!!!,
    BBB is a good idea but I would contact Consumers affair office in your state and file a complaint. Is there a pattern of chevy trucks failing due to salt air in 3400 miles? where do they get their evidence that this caused the failure?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

People can really be taken advantage of, I was living 200 miles away at the time , my dad had a vacum leak on his Crown Vic , he took it to three different dealers wasting if I remember right $700 with no results. He left his car with a retired plant maint. mech. and after an hour called and said he found a leaking 2" hose , a cousin up in the ranks with Ford in Detroit said he would help with a complaint but guess tired ol'Dad didn't want to go to the trouble.

I absolutely hate going to the dealership here, the parts guys are nice, but the service people and sales people are horrendous.

On a plus side, at least since my brakes aren't sticking anymore, I have gained just over 2mpg on my fuel mileage. Still dislike the dealership, but at least they fixed the problem!

@medicmatt
    You would have had to been towing a tank down a mountain to wear the brakes down at 3400 miles. Hmm, try contacting @GM Customer Service on this website and see if they can help you out. Looks like the dealer took you for a ride.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Thanks Steve, I may try that. I'm waiting to see if the dealer I bought it from can get it taken care of through a goodwill write-off, at least part of it anyway. We'll see.

I was less than thrilled when I called Chevrolet last week. That did nothing, they just sided with the dealer and said "it's environmental so it's not covered". Not really concerned with the fact it took a week or that I was flat out told you didn't buy the truck from us so we don't really have to do any more than what we have.

sorry to hear about the whole ordeal. glad your purchasing dealer is trying to help. over the years I have definately found dealers that I like more than others. One in particular where I have purchased a couple vehicles and try to take my wifes car when needing service. All because I have felt that I was treated very well in both service and sales.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

This thread makes me wonder why there's been nary a peep from a poster who signs themselves as "Tricia, GM customer service".

I share your grief. Chevrolet is not the Chevrolet of past. I bought a new 2002 silverado. At 3750 miles my transmission went out. The GM dealer said that will be 4800.00 please. What about some help with this GM I asked...3700 miles come on, sorry no record of previous trouble in your service report. This one is yours. It will be my last from Goverment motors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12