GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Trimming question

I recently put a 2.5 leveling kit on my 08 silverado. I am wanting to put 295/70/17 Nitto terra grapplers on, and was wondering if I am going to have to do some trimming on the plastic for these tires?? I am open to alittle trimming but nothing major. Any help would be appreciated!!

I know 285s fit with no problem but you might need to do some minor plastic trimming for 295's.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I ran the ReadyLift 2.25 which gave 2.5 of lift with 295/70r17 trail grapps and they rubbed on the sway bar and I had to cut a bunch of plastic. If you want pics of what that size looks like with level kit just let me know and I will post some up.

________2013 4C Rated__________

yeah that would be great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I ran the ReadyLift 2.25 which gave 2.5 of lift with 295/70r17 trail grapps and they rubbed on the sway bar and I had to cut a bunch of plastic. If you want pics of what that size looks like with level kit just let me know and I will post some up.

This is ReadyLift 2.25 up front and ReadyLift 2" rear block.

Here is one with the factory rear block

man that truck looks awesome! i was thinking about buying some of those tow mirrors a while back but never got around to it. do you like the mirrors? instead of the normal ones

Wish I would have done it sooner. It is amazing what you can see with them and turn signal lights were just that much more of a bonus.

That sounds great. how much did you end up buying them for?

Got them from a Chevy dealership and they were around 400. I believe you can get kool vues for half that.