GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: DiabloSport??

Default DiabloSport??

Hey guys,
    Just come across this.. http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...ort_tuners.htm
    Is there anything I need besides the tuner? Is the Diablo cable to PC anything special or will a regular USB work? Also, how 'bout the cable from the Predator to the truck? I am looking hard at this due to price. I was turned on to the Hypertech speedo cali but its $229. This Diablo is $288 and its a programmer. Am I overlooking something. Please advise.

Hey man, I'm pretty sure that the Predator is being phased out and replaced by the InTune. Not sure how much longer it will be supported. Not 100% sure though. Someone else may know for certain, just giving you a heads-up.....
    2010 Silverado 5.3L Ext Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_HFD View Post
    Hey man, I'm pretty sure that the Predator is being phased out and replaced by the InTune. Not sure how much longer it will be supported. Not 100% sure though. Someone else may know for certain, just giving you a heads-up.....
    That is correct. I was glad DiabLew explained the Predator was being replaced by the inTune. I bought the inTune, along with custom tune from Lew, and cant say enough good things about both. I've never used a Predator but the inTune is simple to use.
    2007 Chevy Silverado NBS Z71, 5.3L, 2wd

yeah, you'd want either the inTune or the Trinity... the predator is on its way to being phased out... it's being replaced by the inTune programmer...

and the Trinity is the top of the line programmer... it has more features, easier/better data logging, tcm/transmission support, etc etc....

but, if you did still go with the predator, you also will need to buy the pc interface kit for it (the usb/serial cable and power adapter) so that you could connect it to your Windows PC in order to download recorded data logs and import/export tune files for custom tuning... and marylandspeed.com has the best price on the predators, much less than the 288 you mentioned...

BUT, gotta remember, the predator has no tcm/tranny support, and never will... plus you have to purchase the extra interface kit (or a cable and appropriate power supply from a local electronics store)...

the Trinity is what you'd want, to have full support for your vehicle....

I sell the Trinity and inTune, and offer package deals for both as well... check out the info at www.diablewtune.com
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

The only thing is I dont know anything about programming/tuners. My sole purpose for either device is to input the 285's in the computer. My tranny hangs into gear too long, and if I tow my jon boat (1000lbs) it will BARELY go into O/D. So basically, all I need is to change that. Everyone I talk to says when the correct tire size is inputted, my problem will disappear.

Thats correct, tire size fix should take care of it.

What year is your truck?
    Last edited by DiabloMike; 02-15-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Mike Litsch
    DiabloSport Inc.
    visit our website!

its a 2010 4x4 crew, 5.3, 6spd tranny w/ 308? gears. So whats the verdict? Just go with the speedo cal for 229 or spend the extra 100 or so and have th tuner(that I doubt I'll ever use) but may be handy sometime or another???

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    its a 2010 4x4 crew, 5.3, 6spd tranny w/ 308? gears. So whats the verdict? Just go with the speedo cal for 229 or spend the extra 100 or so and have th tuner(that I doubt I'll ever use) but may be handy sometime or another???
    I would go with the programmer... why would you not want more power/performance??? of course you'd use it!!

I have both the inTune and Trinity programmers available, plus also offer them with a package deal with custom tuning, so you'd gain even more.. here's info:

inTune:
    http://www.diablewtune.com/intune_deal.html

Trinity:
    http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deal.html