GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly

back in november '10, My wheel came off..hub bearing broke loose, had to replace, the assembly, rotor, brake pads, etc. So I replaced my tie rod ends yesterday and notice that theres a little wobble in my wheel. Im thinking it;s the bearing again so im going to replace it. Chevy wants $440 for a new assembly. Or I can go down to autozone, oreilly..etc...and get a timken assembly for 145. I put a duralast on there as a replacement so im not going there again...any thoughts on which way to go would be appreciated

SKF is the Oem supplier on this hub, I believe. See if you can find a HD truck supplier who carries SKF
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Oreilley should be able to come up with an AC delco part, or something similar that is in the same price range. I have had good luck with their wheel bearings (ive changed 19 total on different cars with their house brand) and not had an issue with them. They also come with a warranty. Ive never had luck with any dualast parts to be honest.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I put the timken on my 2002. Drove it for 5 years without an issue. Just talked to the kid who bought it and he has not had an issue either.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Excellent. Don't know where Au zone is getting their bearings these days but I have a sneaky feeling they come from China.
    Duralast used to buy overstocks and close outs of timken, bower/Bca and throw them in their own boxes. But that was a few years back . I haven't tracked it as of late. I know Napa buys from SKF and also from overseas so be careful with those. The SKF brand is solid but that over seas stuff is scary.