GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

see if there is an x pipe for your truck. h pipes make a deep muscle car sound and x pipes make a throaty raspy sound. i love the sound of the x on my foxbody mustang.

I'd go with headers and 10 series dumped but if you wanna run it all the way to the back of the truck, run 2.5 in pipes. Don't go to small our it just doesn't sound that great to me
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    What did she hate about them?
    gave her a headache

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    see if there is an x pipe for your truck. h pipes make a deep muscle car sound and x pipes make a throaty raspy sound. i love the sound of the x on my foxbody mustang.
    yea looking at a magnaflow x pipe right off the cats

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I'd go with headers and 10 series dumped but if you wanna run it all the way to the back of the truck, run 2.5 in pipes. Don't go to small our it just doesn't sound that great to me
    i was plannin on stock piping size so whatever that is. and if i run it to the back i want some extremely large tips like alabamaxrebel's. or i might dump it.
    2010 Crew Cab Z71 4x4--Daystar Leveling kit--275/70/18 BFG AT's--Tonneau cover--75,000 miles--
    To Do: Iron Cross Winch Bumper--Winch

I'm a fan of big tips but I've smashed a few offloading. And that never looks good. And I've never ran an x pipe on my truck but love them on my cobras gives it a better sound

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntryboy View Post
    So im thinking of dualing out my 2010 5.3L and i was thinking of doing a true dual set up with 2 magnapack 14'' mufflers and a magnaflow X pipe with stock size piping and a dual dump right after the mufflers. what do yall think of this set up? anyone with anything close to this setup?

also if someone has somehting that "drops panties" let me know what your set up is. not trying to make it sound ragged out and pop, just want it insanely aggressive at all RPMs
    If u go to the home page and look to the right, where the media section is with the girl with the big ta tas is...thats my truck i sold. It has a flowmaster super 10 on it. watch the video and see what u think. It's very aggressive in person

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer
    Full Length Nerf bars
    Bull Bar
    Fender Flares
    Hood Scoop

Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom Sub Box With Two Competition 10" JBL's
    Rockford Fosgate 1000w Prime Amp

holy sh!t that sounds good. is it true dualed or is it a single in, dual out? stock size piping?

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntryboy View Post
    holy sh!t that sounds good. is it true dualed or is it a single in, dual out? stock size piping?
    That is straight up stock. single in/dual out

U can always unbolt it after the resonator and itll b loud

I just installed a Heartthrob catback dual ( 2 heart throb glass packs at end) fed by a Y 3" pipe connected at the join of the cats ( stock). I have shorty headers on my 4.8 GMC Sierra and 456's. The one thing I am not sure of is should I actually run true duals instead of the joins and 3" single feed. The dual pipes are 2 1/4" on the back into the glass packs and was planning on having 2 1/4's all the way. Would this be smart? would not cost too much, but not sure if this will hurt or help performance? Just joining in and glad what is going on in this thread - thx for any info and hope this adds some more thoughts on this topic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12