GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2500 HD Tow Mirrors

Hi guys, I'm new here and looking for some help.

I recently purchased a 2011 2500 HD LT Z71. It currently has the standard power adjust, non-heated, non-turn signal mirrors. I would like to install a set of tow mirrors (link attached below). These new ones have a heated function, running lights, and turn signals. I called to verify that these would work on my truck. They told me no, that the connector would be different. Is that true? Or is the truck pre-wired for everything and it just depends on what the mirror is wired for? I don't necessarily have to have the heated function (I'm in central TX).

Is there a definite way to figure out if these would work before I purchase them? Thanks for any help you can provide!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to attach link!

http://www.protuninglab.com/07chsisipote.html

Quote Originally Posted by NickBiles View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here and looking for some help.

I recently purchased a 2011 2500 HD LT Z71. It currently has the standard power adjust, non-heated, non-turn signal mirrors. I would like to install a set of tow mirrors (link attached below). These new ones have a heated function, running lights, and turn signals. I called to verify that these would work on my truck. They told me no, that the connector would be different. Is that true? Or is the truck pre-wired for everything and it just depends on what the mirror is wired for? I don't necessarily have to have the heated function (I'm in central TX).

Is there a definite way to figure out if these would work before I purchase them? Thanks for any help you can provide!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to attach link!

http://www.protuninglab.com/07chsisipote.html

Look Inside your Glove Box, and on the Service Parts ID Tag(White Sticker).....Look and see If you have RPO Code DL8...if you do, Then take a look at the Post by RayVoy on the First Page, Reply #7...in the Link Below.

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ght=Mirror%27s

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 07-14-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Added Information

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

This will be my next option to install! Thanks for the info.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

oh, chrome ones! Daddy Likey.
    Ok, that wasn't helpful at all. I did some research on upgrading to the camper mirrors, and found that most of it is pre-wired. Mine has turn, heat and upper power adjust pre-wired, but no power fold and no curb assist. Current just has heat and power adjust
    The link above is your best option for info
    2007 Silverado 1500 NNBS - Work truck and daily driver
    2002 Malibu - The wife's car, for now. I smell a Suburban in my future
    1976 Stingray - NOW OVER 100,000 MILES!

That chrome looks god awful but they will work just fine. Tho I would be skeptical of a company that doesn't even actually know what their product is compatible with...you can get those same mirrors on ebay for $100 less

Airaid. Borla. Blackbear. RCX.

The Squatcherado!

I'm a fan of the new Amazon fitment helper. It really only has problems with the 2007 model year because the Classic Silverado and the 1500 Silverado confuse it