GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Waiting on Insurance Companies

After almost a month of waiting, the insurance company for the guy that rear-ended me finally approved the beginning of the repair process yesterday. Apparently, they weren't able to get back in touch with their client, so they gave me the go-ahead to get my truck fixed. Nothing major, just a new rear bumper.

And, the adjuster said they could approve a rental of an equivalent class of vehicle to my avalanche, so I'll get a full-size SUV or pickup while mine is in the shop. And the best part is that Budget here will rent to an 18 year old for insurance claims, so I should get something in decent condition too. Now I just have to wait for the credit card I just applied for to get here because Budget requires a credit card in the drivers name instead of allowing cash deposits for young drivers.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

insurance companies are acting very weird lately. my father got sandwiched last month. so the front and rear bumpers got trashed and the bed was slightly damaged. along with all of that some little $36 fuel vapor recycle valve got damaged. they approved and repaired $5600 of damage but still to current day refuse to repair the $36 valve. this is 1 of those moments that makes a person stop and scratch there head thinking WTF.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Ever hear of an Insurance company going broke? Nope cause they are not regulated. Kind of like oil companies who got deregulation in the mid 70's when we paid 25 cents a gallon for unleaded. Guess who pays 25 cents per gallon now. Yup the Opec nations. Wonder how that works
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"