GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Brake Upgrades

Hybrid View

Sr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

Default Brake Upgrades

Alright guys, I want to get some opinions on some brakes pads/rotors. Im looking at getting some nicer aftermarket ones so that maybe I can get by without having to change them out from stopping my truck, plus I am just not happy with the stopping power. Any suggestions?

07 Silverado 1500 5.3L extended cab
    4" Rancho Suspension lift with Adjustable Shocks
    2" Leveling kit
    1.5" Zone Offroad body lift
    35x12.50 R 18 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Ranch Hand Grille Guard
    Ranch Hand Rear Bumper
    Tow mirrors
    Color matched grey/silver Bushwacker fender flares
    Dual exhaust from cats back with X pipe coming out 5" tips
    Black Tool box
    Edge CTS Programmer
    Proliner Spray in bedliner
    20% tint all the way around

I'm about to get ebc rotors and pads, do u have drums or disc in the rear?
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaxrebel View Post
    Alright guys, I want to get some opinions on some brakes pads/rotors. Im looking at getting some nicer aftermarket ones so that maybe I can get by without having to change them out from stopping my truck, plus I am just not happy with the stopping power. Any suggestions?
    There are some really Good Aftermarket Rotor's/Pads, as mentioned above EBC's, I have SSBC's Slotted Rotor's W/Hawk H.P. Brake Pads.......Beyond going with a New Rotor/Pad setup, I would also mentioned, depending on your Budget and that is take a Look at going with a Set of Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines......once again which is what I've Done, with the SSBC's and SS Brake Lines, this Brake setup is and has been a Huge Improvement over the Factory Brake setup.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I'd love to spend the money and get disc in the rear I've just heard different things about problems with the brake booster and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    There are some really Good Aftermarket Rotor's/Pads, as mentioned above EBC's, I have SSBC's Slotted Rotor's W/Hawk H.P. Brake Pads.......Beyond going with a New Rotor/Pad setup, I would also mentioned, depending on your Budget and that is take a Look at going with a Set of Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines......once again which is what I've Done, with the SSBC's and SS Brake Lines, this Brake setup is and has been a Huge Improvement over the Factory Brake setup.
    ^^^^^^^^ what he said
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Sr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I have drum rear.

Well id do what I'm gunna do get a go set of rotors and pads if that isn't enough you got to start upgrading parts