GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Rollpans?

  1. #1

    Default Rollpans?

    So i was on this mission to get one of those Denali color match bumper looks for my silverado....priced out just getting rid of the chrome inserts and non painted replacements for those are like $265....A PIECE! So my question is does any one have a roll pan on their truck? And if so do they have pictures? I might be leaning towards that knowing that i cant do a good job painting that textured plastic on the bumper anyway....

    Adam
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash


  2. #2

    Default

    Nobody got any?

    Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    So i was on this mission to get one of those Denali color match bumper looks for my silverado....priced out just getting rid of the chrome inserts and non painted replacements for those are like $265....A PIECE! So my question is does any one have a roll pan on their truck? And if so do they have pictures? I might be leaning towards that knowing that i cant do a good job painting that textured plastic on the bumper anyway....

    Adam

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    Nobody got any?
    Yup..I have one. I think there is one in my gallery..a pic that is.


    GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

    If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

    Get the Gorilla!

    gorilladip.com

    sales@gorilladip.com

  4. #4

    Default

    Didnt see a picture of one in your albums man.


    Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Yup..I have one. I think there is one in my gallery..a pic that is.

  5. #5
    Master Mechanic
    AMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    Nobody got any?
    I had one in my possession at one point in time but it was for an '88 1500 and I never put it on so I sold it. I typically only see rollpans on lowriders but I think I could vision it on your truck.




  6. #6

    Default

    Yah im trying to picture it you know? I just am trying to see if anyone has any opinions on them quality wise, and pictures of course haha. But i saw a white nnbs crew cab in Texas last summer that had roll pans on it and it looked good.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I had one in my possession at one point in time but it was for an '88 1500 and I never put it on so I sold it. I typically only see rollpans on lowriders but I think I could vision it on your truck.


    ---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

    Also im pretty sure if i went with the roll pan....my hitch would have to go?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    Yah im trying to picture it you know? I just am trying to see if anyone has any opinions on them quality wise, and pictures of course haha. But i saw a white nnbs crew cab in Texas last summer that had roll pans on it and it looked good.



    ---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

    Also im pretty sure if i went with the roll pan....my hitch would have to go?
    Sorry.. thought I had one in the gallery..but here it is. You can get a hidden hitch, however, when I got my roll pan there were not many that would accommodate a hitch.

    Hidden hitches sit behind the roll pan and the license plate usually flips down so you can connect the ball/receiver. I could have kept my stock hitch on but it would have stuck out under the roll pan and wouldn't look right.

    I have a second truck to tow with so it wasnt a big deal for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-02-18_13-11-12_967.jpg  

  8. #8

    Default

    oh ok i gotcha, Thanks for the picture. Do you remember what brand you bought? Pros and Cons you have with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Sorry.. thought I had one in the gallery..but here it is. You can get a hidden hitch, however, when I got my roll pan there were not many that would accommodate a hitch.

    Hidden hitches sit behind the roll pan and the license plate usually flips down so you can connect the ball/receiver. I could have kept my stock hitch on but it would have stuck out under the roll pan and wouldn't look right.

    I have a second truck to tow with so it wasnt a big deal for me.

  9. #9

    Default

    I got the front valance and the roll pan from AutoAnything...they are made by Street Scene. No real cons...unless you need to have a hitch. The roll pan and the valance are made out of polypropylene - a plastic polymer.

    Right after I had the roll pan painted and installed a lady backed into the the roll pan...it didnt do anything to the paint or the roll pan. It had enough flex that it came out ok. You just have to make sure that whoever paints it does a good prep job.

  10. #10

    Default

    Ok Yah i was looking at street scene ones anyway. Good to know it has some durability. And i got a paint guy that does quality work when people smash my **** up so i should be good on that one.


    Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    I got the front valance and the roll pan from AutoAnything...they are made by Street Scene. No real cons...unless you need to have a hitch. The roll pan and the valance are made out of polypropylene - a plastic polymer.

    Right after I had the roll pan painted and installed a lady backed into the the roll pan...it didnt do anything to the paint or the roll pan. It had enough flex that it came out ok. You just have to make sure that whoever paints it does a good prep job.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •