GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Some pics of the wifes HHR:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Trying to recover the coil spring in-process pics from my camera, my 3yr old granddaughter gave the digital camera a bath because I had greasy fingerprints on it.

Ordered the new threshhold plates, interior accent kit (African Zebra Wood with Brazillian Oak) and a new third lamp Saturday. I'll get before and after pics of the interior when I do this project, hopefully next weekend.
    Last edited by tbplus10; 11-05-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: picture problems

What a sweet ride for the little lady. Thats gotta be worth some points. For the next time your...Bad!

Thank for the pic's, Tim

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    What a sweet ride for the little lady. Thats gotta be worth some points. For the next time your...Bad!

Thank for the pic's, Tim
    I'm so far in debt on points it doesnt even matter anymore.
    But this gives me a good excuse to play in the garage, she wouldnt dare say no to fixing-up her ride.

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the HHR Family..
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.

Keep us updated with the addons to this HHR!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58rrVpCorc[/MEDIA]
    Last edited by ChevyFan; 11-10-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    For some reason GM advertisement literature doesnt mention the tire pressure monitor system, not sure what models have it.

Owners manual is very vague on when to turn off the Stabilitrac and Traction enhancement systems. At a guess I'd say during ice and snow conditions.
    Anyone know for sure?

The owners manual has no information on checking the Auto Trans fluid. They do state not to change fluid and filter until 100K miles.
    Is this a non-service item?

So far I've added an Eibach 2" lowering kit (when time permits I'll download pics taken while changing the coils, an easy job that takes 4 hours).

Ordered Stainless Steel threshhold plates for the front doors and a black plastic threshhold plate for the rear hatch.

Were researching wheels, interior trim kit, and drop in airfilters. So far I've only found K&N, I'd like to find a Dry Flow version if it's available.

And as soon as I can pry her fingers off the steering wheel I'll get pictures of the car, in less than a week she's managed to put 400 miles on it. She says she's testing the fuel mileage numbers.
    First, Congrats on a good selection, I have a 06 1LT with the 2.4 auto.

I have driven close to 20 rentals as I travel a lot for work and have driven all 3 years, the 06 - 07 - 08, I drove a 08 in july before the dealers had them.

1. The tire pressure is a new for 08 feature that will be standard for most of the GM's.

2. the stabilitrac or traction control would be your preference, I on my HHR do not have that feature, As far as I remember the 08 is the first year we could turn off the feature.

3. The transmission yes is a non serviceable feature and does not have a way to check the fluid level, I have heard rumor the dealer might know how to check them but the transmission is sealed.

4. Fuel mileage will vary to conditions, on my HHR I average 28 driving to work (60 miles both ways) combined using regular 87 and will get 32.5 driving on trips averaging 70 mph (depending on state) and using premium 91. to 30.5 with 87 octane.

Forgive me Steve, but I am also a member of a Chevyhhrfamily forum started close to Dallas Texas is where the founder lives. where we discuss lots of mods, runs and get togethers and a Member of a HHR club based out of Illinois.

CGS is a popular intake manifold for the HHR.

Welcome to the HHR Family.

Jr. Apprentice

Thumbs up Nice ride!

Nice ride your wife's lucky! And top of all you had a good deal! But i am pretty sure you would not trade your suburban for a small truck like this one... And by the way you got a very nice HD!!
    1997 Silverado
    Z-71 4X4 aut.
    5.7L Vortec
    280 000 km..
    on original spark plugs:gasp:

Quote Originally Posted by TomsHHR View Post
    First, Congrats on a good selection, I have a 06 1LT with the 2.4 auto.

I have driven close to 20 rentals as I travel a lot for work and have driven all 3 years, the 06 - 07 - 08, I drove a 08 in july before the dealers had them.

1. The tire pressure is a new for 08 feature that will be standard for most of the GM's.

2. the stabilitrac or traction control would be your preference, I on my HHR do not have that feature, As far as I remember the 08 is the first year we could turn off the feature.

3. The transmission yes is a non serviceable feature and does not have a way to check the fluid level, I have heard rumor the dealer might know how to check them but the transmission is sealed.

4. Fuel mileage will vary to conditions, on my HHR I average 28 driving to work (60 miles both ways) combined using regular 87 and will get 32.5 driving on trips averaging 70 mph (depending on state) and using premium 91. to 30.5 with 87 octane.

Forgive me Steve, but I am also a member of a Chevyhhrfamily forum started close to Dallas Texas is where the founder lives. where we discuss lots of mods, runs and get togethers and a Member of a HHR club based out of Illinois.

CGS is a popular intake manifold for the HHR.

Welcome to the HHR Family.
    Talked to a GM mechanic and he gave me the same answer on the transmission, they use power flushing to service them. If there is a suspected leak they power flush the system to find and repair the leak. With power flushing the system is supposedly serviced to the correct level when they disconnect the machine.
    Mileage is consistant with yours, so far I've been using 87 octane and havent had an issue, if I do get some knock I'll start using mid grade.
    I went met the a couple of members from the chevyhhrfamily page a few weeks ago in Denton TX. They turned me onto the page and I've been browsing through it since then.
    Still havent got to drive the HHR over 50 miles myself, but I did buy it for the wife.
    I finished the interior accents Sunday afternoon, guess I'm gonna hafta buy a new camera soon and take pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyonly23 View Post
    Nice ride your wife's lucky! And top of all you had a good deal! But i am pretty sure you would not trade your suburban for a small truck like this one... And by the way you got a very nice HD!!
    Thanks.
    Dont bet on not trading the Suburban. With gas prices like they are and the the Suburban only driving about 500 miles a year it may find a new owner soon.. I have a 01 Chevy Diesel Dually that can handle the towing chores and with just the wife and I we really dont need all the room the Suburban has.
    Thanks on the HD, unfortunately its on auction block, I'm looking at an FXDB and wife say's I cant have two bikes.