GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    The day u take that modeling off you'll go park n a nice big parking spot and come out with dings all in ur door, I took mine off my dodge and literally the next day had a nice dent that wouldn't of happened if I had my molding still on
    Maybe, but I don't park next to people...I'm too psycho about worrying what could happen. I also am cautious of my surroundings such as abandoned shopping carts. I usually like the moldings but these ones a are a pain to keep clean and they are textured.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

@Coach24
    you're a brave soul. Just another reason to shop online, LOL.
    I understand people need groceries, luckily I don't have to support a family, otherwise I might have to get a beater just to drive my family around.

I have noticed they do leave a lil film behind when hosing off mud. But goes away with a sponge, but mine aren't textured
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    I have noticed they do leave a lil film behind when hosing off mud. But goes away with a sponge, but mine aren't textured
    yeah, I scrubbed them and shined them up, when it rains they are dingy again. not sure what is up with them. If they were painted like the truck I would keep them on. And while I agree they are good for protection, they look like crap when they're not clean which is any time it has just rained. washing the truck every week is enough. the moldings need to be cleaned 2-3x per week, I can't keep up with that LOL

Dang I understand then why youd remove them and i understand bad weather we have some bad stuff here in Tuscaloosa my truck had 3 trees fall around it, bear Bryant was watching after it for me haha.Rtr
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

The side steps should help to protect your truck from car doors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234