GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: p0452

Default p0452

i have a 05 k2500 6.0 with 109k, the check engine light is on i had it scanned @ autozone came up with p0452 fuel tank presure sensor low input, so i had the bed up in the air to put ahitch on it and replaced the sensor, the wiring looked fine as did the hoses i could see, the other thing i notice is what sounds like a mild whistle as you goose it, so I assume its a vac leak maybe causeing the code, but dam if I can find the leak, I can pull the purge valve hose and get vac there disconnect the wires and it shuts off the vac flow, I cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery, but the code came back ??? Any ideas before i need to take it in and have it looked at???

Quote Originally Posted by agreene603 View Post
    i have a 05 k2500 6.0 with 109k, the check engine light is on i had it scanned @ autozone came up with p0452 fuel tank presure sensor low input, so i had the bed up in the air to put ahitch on it and replaced the sensor, the wiring looked fine as did the hoses i could see, the other thing i notice is what sounds like a mild whistle as you goose it, so I assume its a vac leak maybe causeing the code, but dam if I can find the leak, I can pull the purge valve hose and get vac there disconnect the wires and it shuts off the vac flow, I cleared the codes by disconnecting the battery, but the code came back ??? Any ideas before i need to take it in and have it looked at???
    The leak can be very hard to find as you know. The best way to find it is with a smoke machine. Never blow air into the tank by the way or you will damage all the sensors. The dealerships have smoke machines but if you call around you may find a general repair shop with a smoke machine willing to give you an estimate.
    Jim

2004 SILVERADO 2500HD LS
    Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    285-75-16 Cooper ST All Terrains
    Pro Comp Programmer
    Bilstein Shocks
    Linux Bed Liner
    Tinted Windows

Other rides:

1967 Landcruiser <350 Chevy>
    1970 Camaro
    1990 Geo Metro Convertible
    2007 FJ Cruiser

Legend

Any update???
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

I can't update the OP's, but I figured I'd update my own battle with the P0452. After changing the sensor, and poking around the fuel tank pressure sensor circuit, I finally took it in to someone. His research (both on the internet and on the truck) led him to test the connector at the FTP sensor. Sure enough, one of the leads inside the connector (completely invisible from the outside) had corroded or something to the point that it wouldn't conduct, triggering the code. For future reference for anyone else who gets a stubborn P0452, check that harness. Because it requires dropping the gas tank, it would probably be a good idea to just replace this connector anyway, since most of the cost/effort is in getting the tank on the ground.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World