GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

i like the mirrors man, they look sweet IMO. I just noticed the hood ornament on your truck, were did you get that?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Looks good man. i miss my Tow mirrors more than anything about my last truck. They are the best and you can see everything!
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Red I like the idea of the tow mirrors. But I am like a few others I think a color matched set would look top notch on your ride.
    I understand what you were saying about if you don't have something nice to say... but I have gained some good ideas about potential mods for my truck as well as given a few. But it is ultimately your ride and you can take or not take someones opinion if you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I hope you're not peeved that I chose to use my right to express my opinion. I never said you should black out your truck. If you can't take a little constructive criticism than maybe you shouldn't post pictures of your mods. Not everybody is going to be a kiss ass and say what you want to hear. The beauty of it is that you can take it or leave it at your own discretion.

And please, if you don't like something that I do to my truck, tell me (hence why I post pictures on an OPEN WEB FORUM: To get both POSITIVE and NEGATIVE feedback). Don't just tell me what you think I want to hear. ;)
    I completely agree. I didn't join any forums to show off and get praised. I did so to learn and get a variety of opinions. It's not a personal attack against you, its just my opinion, and it's worth whatever weight you give it.

Looks good

If at first you don't succeed, chances are, you are using too small of a cheater bar

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 Vortec | Spectre Cold Air Intake | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tails | Denali headlights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser A/T | "Ghetto" painted tailgate | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Dual Thrush Turbo Mufflers
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Oil/Trans Fluid cooler | Re-done exhaust | Paint | Interior Restoration/upgrade with newer model stuff | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    US Navy Sailor :sign0011:

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout07 View Post
    I completely agree. I didn't join any forums to show off and get praised. I did so to learn and get a variety of opinions. It's not a personal attack against you, its just my opinion, and it's worth whatever weight you give it.
    I can take criticism anyday if it is done in a manor that I deem tactful or kind. What you had to say was down right rude and YES I do take offense to it. If you want to be like that, head on over to GMFS where the whole site is full of obnoxious people. That just MY opinion. If you cant take it, don't post here.

Yeah this is real nice!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackout07 View Post
    Oh. I wasn't expecting that when I opened this thread. Good choice on the tows, but the chrome covers look nothing short of terrible.
    This is what I consider constructive criticism without being rude!! Thank you @aloxadaddy99 !!
    Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Red I like the idea of the tow mirrors. But I am like a few others I think a color matched set would look top notch on your ride.
    I understand what you were saying about if you don't have something nice to say... but I have gained some good ideas about potential mods for my truck as well as given a few. But it is ultimately your ride and you can take or not take someones opinion if you choose.
    Last edited by Red Z71 Max; 02-19-2012 at 06:15 PM.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Blog Entries

If his post was the one that made you start whinning, then why did you also single out my first post that says almost the exact same thing as the last post that you just quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    That just MY opinion. If you cant take it, don't post here
    Don't be a hypocrite.....
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

This is full of laughs.....

Tow mirrors are awesome, but fake chrome is just...meh

________2013 4C Rated__________

I love the visibility of the mirrors the help with. My blacked out reverser lights,I'm not a fan of chrome at all on new cars only 70s and older but it's your ride, and can't we all get along
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

X2, Tow mirrors look great, I've used fake chrome before and am no longer a believer. It just looks tacky. Chrome should be enjoyed in moderation.
    Adam

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast