GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Default Topper/Canopie/Cap/Campershell group.

No matter what you call them, post pictures of your truck with a topper/cap/camper shell/canopie. Remember, we're all the old buggers on the site since we have them! Need to represent the senior citizens!

2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Master Mechanic

haha this is funny considering that you Jimmeh, and I are both under 30. but since I have a cap on my truck is that why all the old men stare at me? LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.17.12_4_rear.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	34985Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.17.12_side.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	34986Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0684.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	34987

Master Mechanic

I like how your cap windows are wide and the tint is dark adds to the black wheels

My old truck with its camper shell. Some of my friends still call me grandpa to this day because of this badboy haha, only 22 years old though. Still waiting on my fiberglass tonneau to come in for the new one.

Last edited by sevi084x4; 02-20-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by sevi084x4 View Post
    My old truck with its camper shell. Some of my friends still call me grandpa to this day because of this badboy haha, only 22 years old though. Still waiting on my fiberglass tonneau to come in for the new one.
    Thanks for sharing, I love the wheels.
    It sounds like if anyone has a cap on their truck and is not actually a grandpa they will still get called grandpa LOL.

What can we do to change this? I assume that people are used to seeing trucks w/caps as having "older" drivers. Well all those who have posted so far are under 30 so @Jimmeh, let's stare down those people and get them to start thinking that caps are for young people too. Do we need to have a customized bumper sticker made to have our mission be known LOL?
    People are now telling me that my truck looks naked w/ out the cap so I'm just not sure.

Thanks! I cant wait until the salt goes away so i can put them on the new truck. But yah the bumper sticker thing sounds like a good idea haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I love the wheels.
    It sounds like if anyone has a cap on their truck and is not actually a grandpa they will still get called grandpa LOL.

What can we do to change this? I assume that people are used to seeing trucks w/caps as having "older" drivers. Well all those who have posted so far are under 30 so @Jimmeh, let's stare down those people and get them to start thinking that caps are for young people too. Do we need to have a customized bumper sticker made to have our mission be known LOL?
    People are now telling me that my truck looks naked w/ out the cap so I'm just not sure.

Hi Adam,

Where did you get those rims and do they have others that are similar but different?

Hey whats up man, i got the 22s from my chevy dealership. They had like 2 other kinds but you can find them all on the gm website. Under wheels.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Che...Silverado/2012
    They sell them for around $4000 dollars on there for the 22s but i will tell you i payed $2900 for mine because i buy all my vehicles from this dealership so they gave me a deal. The dealership pays $2800 for them new. Hopefully this helps some.

Quote Originally Posted by nakranij View Post
    Hi Adam,

Where did you get those rims and do they have others that are similar but different?

Here is my old truck with the canopy on it. For the record, I'm 18 and started driving this truck when I was 16.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Master Mechanic

Okay so another capped truck member under 30, I'm starting to wonder where people get thei perception of caps only belonging to older drivers. I do understand it comes down to functionality, maybe young people need that too?? After all couldn't we camp in a truck with a top like this??

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by