GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Two Summers ago i had a air mattress in the back of mine so i could camp out at parties haha.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Okay so another capped truck member under 30, I'm starting to wonder where people get thei perception of caps only belonging to older drivers. I do understand it comes down to functionality, maybe young people need that too?? After all couldn't we camp in a truck with a top like this??
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Blog Entries

I started a blog post for a project of mine coming up which is to build a raised bed in the back of mine for camping. Mine is purely function over form. It is just a bonus that I like the look of it ;)
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Okay so another capped truck member under 30, I'm starting to wonder where people get thei perception of caps only belonging to older drivers. I do understand it comes down to functionality, maybe young people need that too?? After all couldn't we camp in a truck with a top like this??
    With mine being a long box, we used to camp in it all the time. We would load the quad in the back and then throw a queen size mattress in on its side beside the quad. When we got to where we were camping, we'd pull the quad out and drop the mattress flat in the middle of the box. It worked great - other than that was before I got the truck from my stepdad and the company that we bought the canopy from wired it wrong so the light didn't work.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

That's the way to do it man!

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    With mine being a long box, we used to camp in it all the time. We would load the quad in the back and then throw a queen size mattress in on its side beside the quad. When we got to where we were camping, we'd pull the quad out and drop the mattress flat in the middle of the box. It worked great - other than that was before I got the truck from my stepdad and the company that we bought the canopy from wired it wrong so the light didn't work.

I must have missed this thread before. I admit, I haven't been as active as I want to on here. I'll try to do better!

I guess I'm the official "Grandpa" of the group since I'm 34. I get a lot of use out of my top though, and can't imagine not having it. Besides being great for frequent camping trips, it keeps cargo (and my daughter's wheelchair) out of the weather and out of the hands of undesirables. I only wish GM would offer the half ton crew cab with a longer bed option...it's a little short for sleeping in, plus I keep a permanent air tank and my spare tire in there which take up a bit of room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1327 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	37597
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok you asked for it... The Cap I found on the side of the ROAD.. If you don't belive me ask Al He was with me when I picked it up..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	090.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	37600

And a Pic of the inside..... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1504resize.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	37601 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1628resize.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	37602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1631resize.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	37603
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Blog Entries

New Kayak. Going on a trip to WA next month, and will be hauling three of them up there. Now I just gotta figure out how, lol. I know I can fit two side by side laying upside down. I've got a couple of vertical racks but I haven't used them before.

Personally, I think the stereotype of "old" and "shell" is dwindling. These days, so many of them are being crafted to compliment the truck as a whole and not just be stuck on there. I pondered it for some time actually, but what it really came down to is loving the look of my truck and being able to more easily store a tonneau when I need to take it off. Of course, that could be my "old" speaking. I only just turned 32 though so I don't think I'm that old, lol.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Ok you asked for it... The Cap I found on the side of the ROAD..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1631resize.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	37603
    Well, I see something there that I wouldn't mind picking up off the side of the road!

Has anyone used a soft collapsible topper? I don't want one for daily use but occasionally I carry some large things that I would like to cover.
    Sometimes the best part of my job is that my chair swivels.