GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 Last Post byLast Post by

I wish I could, but I live in one of the MANY counties in CA that simply don't issue CCW permits. Sucks.

im gonna call the NRA legal team and see what they say about this... cause it sounds like the state is committing a federal crime...
    hopefully Ted Nugent can come help
    lol
    Gas was $1.83 when Obama took office.....

Legend

Blog Entries

I just recently took the Utah Concealed Carry class here in South Carolina. With the 2 CC permits combined (Utah and South Carolina) I will be able to carry in 40 states legally. The class was $100 and there was a $51.00 filing fee to the state of Utah. It is good for 5 years and they DO send out a notification of renewal unlike SC.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

I've been waiting for one of my fellow Texans to comment about the new CCW course regulations as of Sept 1st.
    The most impacting change was course time went from 10-12 hours to down to 4-6 hours, yep you can now get ccw licensed in a half day. That includes residents of the 30 states Texas has ccw agreements with.
    Also you no longer course restricted to the type weapon you qualified on, i.e. revolver or semi auto.
    And applicants no longer must provide or can be asked for social security numbers.
    Renewal and initial application fee's were reduced for Military members, honorably discharged veterans, and certain state peacekeepers.

5. Likes Ape liked this post

Well here we are about to lose even more rights and guns to the evil assault weapons list.

There are currently 11 anti-gun bills just passed by our democrat supermajority congress sitting on our democrat governors desk waiting to sign (he will probably veto one or two to keep his gun owning voters to continue saying he is pro 2A). None of which will do a single thing to protect anyone.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

MOVE, or do a colorado and do a recall. never going to california for the plain and simple fact of the anti-gun stance.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Well here we are about to lose even more rights and guns to the evil assault weapons list.

There are currently 11 anti-gun bills just passed by our democrat supermajority congress sitting on our democrat governors desk waiting to sign (he will probably veto one or two to keep his gun owning voters to continue saying he is pro 2A). None of which will do a single thing to protect anyone.
    You know I didnt like your governor the first time around, I may have only been a teenager when he was in the gov. Seat but even then I knew many things he did were not right for the people he was supposed to be representing.
    Some things get better with age, I dont think he's one of them. You have my sympathy, I know its a lot easier to talk about physically changing your geographic position than it is to actually do and sometimes hope is the only bright spot to the future.

9. Likes Ape liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    MOVE, or do a colorado and do a recall. never going to california for the plain and simple fact of the anti-gun stance.

Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    You know I didnt like your governor the first time around, I may have only been a teenager when he was in the gov. Seat but even then I knew many things he did were not right for the people he was supposed to be representing.
    Some things get better with age, I dont think he's one of them. You have my sympathy, I know its a lot easier to talk about physically changing your geographic position than it is to actually do and sometimes hope is the only bright spot to the future.
    Trust me we have talked about moving. Yep gov Moonbeam wasnt great the first time around, but it CA the land of Fruits and Nuts. The worst part is if he doesnt sign the bills they go into law as well. He just signed a law to give illegals drivers licenses, wants to increase min wage to $10 an hour. Pushing the 100 billion dollar high speed rail (which isnt high speed at all). The list goes on and on in this state but now I'm getting off on a tangent.

My assemblyman actually presented a bill to make CA more of a Shall issue state rather than a May issue state but it didnt pass.

Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Trust me we have talked about moving. Yep gov Moonbeam wasnt great the first time around, but it CA the land of Fruits and Nuts. The worst part is if he doesnt sign the bills they go into law as well. He just signed a law to give illegals drivers licenses, wants to increase min wage to $10 an hour. Pushing the 100 billion dollar high speed rail (which isnt high speed at all). The list goes on and on in this state but now I'm getting off on a tangent.

My assemblyman actually presented a bill to make CA more of a Shall issue state rather than a May issue state but it didnt pass.
    Problem is, California has set itself up in a voting sense, much like the Progressives are trying to set the entire country up. Ingratiate enough entitlement minded people, then you can dominate the legislature with whatever idiocy you'd like. A far cry from the Republic we're supposed to be.

12. Likes tbplus10 liked this post

I'm waiting on my permit now. Not sure how the conceal carry will be until then...got a Taurus 40 slim and s&w 9mm...just have to see I guess.