GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    There is a brand called "Thunderwear" I am told. LOL 'Is that a sawed off shotgun in your pocket or you just happy to be here....."

I don't carry my Glock outside of the vehicle. Unless it is cold, it just does not hide well. I am in the market for small weapon that makes big holes. It might not be the zombie apocalypse but crack head apocalypse is about the same thing. In a home invasion scenario, a big mag eliminates the need to wipe the sleep from your eyes. In a public setting, spraying the general area with lead is a bad idea. Nevertheless, sometime bad guys travel in packs so the more ammo the better. Any suggestions?
    Hey Caddi - It only makes sense that you would bring up "thunderware" .....It so fits your great sense of humor. I'm hoping that maybe a better holster will help because I really like my Sig 229. However, I'm still keeping my eye open for something smaller as I'm not confident I'll ever be comfortable carrying something that large. I too like the idea of having more than just a few rounds ready. I guess for every benefit, there is also a sacrifice. Why can I just find a 350 pound linebacker that can run faster than any receiver???

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I used to carry my Glock model 22 (.40 cal), but started finding it hard to conceal unless I wore bunch of clothes (in west texas that's not too comfortable). So i recently bought a S&W Bodygaurd .380. I absolutely love it. No, it doesn't pack much of a punch.. but one well-placed shot to the cranium will do for me. It has a built-in laser on it, which I thought would be good for the wife seeing as how she hates guns and refuses to practice, but does carry and isn't afraid to use if she has to.

Pros: Extremely easy to conceal, consistent, at a price of $325 is relatively cheap, decent safety mechanisms (which Glock does NOT have and is not good for the inexperienced), accurate built-in laser (good for the inexperienced)

Cons: 6 round mags (+1), Kind of a pain to disassemble.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

A small of the back works great for small to medium frame auto's and you can get right or left hand draw's. They also cover good with just an oversize T-Shirt.
    I carry a North American Arms 22 Mag 5 shot revolver with a built in clip in my back pocket I also keep my Glock mdl 36 45 in my console with a crossdraw and a small of the back, so which every one works out best.

X2 I keep mine on the small of my back only issue is when I sit down I have to pull it out. Kinda funny watching me get out my truck, my neighbors no not to mess with us though.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

something to look at
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post

something to look at
    Nice post Coach!! I want One!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Here is one for you coach!!!! The SSAR-15 Slide Stock

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Thanks. Me too. Have daughter looking into the cost and availability. I will let you know what I find
    Off to the gym

In Mississippi as I'm sure Swat13 knows, your vehicle is considered an extension of your home so you can carry in your vehicle without permit but beyond that I think you have to have a permit unless your law enforcement of course. I really am not a gun expert so when I purchased my first new pistol a few months ago, I asked my uncle who is a gunsmith in Virginia and he recommended the Ruger SR9C so that is what I got. I go to the range pretty regular and I love it. I have shot around 400 rounds so far and not one jam. I am still a good shot but not as good as I was when I was in the Army, I was an expert marksman. The Ruger came with a 10 round clip and a 17 round clip. I feel good with that being I can still shoot pretty well. The one thing my uncle told me was to make sure I buy good ammo for it so I got the plus P with serrated hollow points. He said the Glock was a good Pistol also but that he didn't like all the plastic they use. The gun dealer were I bought mine agreed and he is an ex-cop. Anyway needless to say I am ready for the unforeseen I just hope to never have to use my pistol except at the range.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DisplayPic.aspx.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	35402

Name:	Sig2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	35403

Legend

Blog Entries

I love the Ruger SR series. I have a SR40C and it is a flawless shooting weapon!!

I really find this thread to be some funny stuff, could you imagine all of us getting together at a meet or something? It would be like the wild west all over.

Name:	Sig2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	35411

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast