GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

as they saying goes, quantity has a quality all its own.

i happen to have a few over sized mags for my XD as well, not saying how bug or how many, rest assured, you come into my house with bad intentions, you arnt leaving.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend

Blog Entries

This video will show why I prefer the Judge over any other personal defense. The shot pattern is undeniably more effective then most hand guns.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    This video will show why I prefer the Judge over any other personal defense. The shot pattern is undeniably more effective then most hand guns.
    The judge, helping those with average skills feel better prepared. I think it is a neat weapon, but very limited it what it provides. Very few will be able to speed load that weapon, which is a problem due to it's limited capacity. Further, this is a thread about concealed carry. Anyone who comes in here trying to convince others that is an effective conceal carry weapon, does not carry concealed often. That is a super long weapon for concealed carry and would limit the type of clothing one could wear with it.

05 1500, 4x4, 5.3, trailer package, G80.

Custom backup camera and double din dvd

Xd 45 is what stays on me

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gear_head View Post
    The judge, helping those with average skills feel better prepared. I think it is a neat weapon, but very limited it what it provides. Very few will be able to speed load that weapon, which is a problem due to it's limited capacity. Further, this is a thread about concealed carry. Anyone who comes in here trying to convince others that is an effective conceal carry weapon, does not carry concealed often. That is a super long weapon for concealed carry and would limit the type of clothing one could wear with it.
    If you look at my ealier post you will see that I dont carry the full size judge but rather the Public Defender that is purposly designed for CCW use. As far as limited accuracy, unless you practice on a frequent basis it is doubtful that you are totally proficent in a quick draw situation. I personally don't practice as often as would like and this point and shot option is very useful. If I can't hit my target with 5 shots then maybe I shouldnt carry a gun. Most carry 1911 style auto only hold 7 to 9 shots so it is not a big difference and as I explained, my revolver will not jam!!!!

I prefer a revolver because there is no chance of a jam or failure. My current carry is the Taurus Judge Public Defender that is a 5 shot with the option of .45LC or a .410 shotgun shell which is what I choose. With the .410 the target accuracy is a much wider range.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...crumbseries=41

This is mine with the smaller shaved down hammer.
    Attachment 35033
    Last edited by Red Z71 Max; 02-21-2012 at 09:15 PM.

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

If you look at my ealier post you will see that I dont carry the full size judge but rather the Public Defender that is purposly designed for CCW use. As far as limited accuracy, unless you practice on a frequent basis it is doubtful that you are totally proficent in a quick draw situation. I personally don't practice as often as would like and this point and shot option is very useful. If I can't hit my target with 5 shots then maybe I shouldnt carry a gun. Most carry 1911 style auto only hold 7 to 9 shots so it is not a big difference and as I explained, my revolver will not jam!!!!
    If revolvers were still the superior weapon, they would be the weapon of choice for local, state, federal, or even the military. A revolver has it's place, I keep one on my ankle. They rarely malfunction, that is a fact, but they are limited. As far as reloading, 5 is not enough when preparing for multiple targets.

Honestly, id feel perfectly safe with 5 410 rounds. If you need more than that, what're the odds of makin it anyway? It's a mugger, not the zombie apocalypse lol

5.7L 350| .420 Cam | Bored 0.030 | Edelbrock intake manifold | 600 Cfm Edelbrock Carburetor | Long tube headers | Shift kit | Chrome dress up kit | Flowmaster 40's exhaust | Edelbrock heads | Custom paint
    SOLD

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

HONORARY CANUCK

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4squared View Post
    If you need more than that, what're the odds of makin it anyway?
    for me, very good

Quote Originally Posted by gear_head View Post
    for me, very good
    well i guess some of us just arent as badass as you.

My main gun is a colt trooper 3 .357 it's to big for a good concealed but no one messes with you when they see the 9 inch barrel. But I usually carry my 1911 for a good concealed
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast