GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Can you put the add a leaf in without removing the whole leaf spring pack?

Hey bro, have you already purchased your type r subs?

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

was just gonna say that with my box from subthimp I didn't have to buy shallow mounts.. i've got two standard r-10's stuffed under my back seat.. granted, my truck IS a crew cab. but you might compare the two boxes.. it took some finagling but they are definitely in and they sound AWESOME!

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

From what I understand, the floor on the crew cab is different so it allows for a bigger box. The floor in the extended cabs are oddly shaped. I will be buying my subs when I sell my current 12's and box and also when I get my tax refund

Oh.. yeah i just checked out the difference in the two.. nearly an inch mounting depth. that sucks man.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

I've heard that some people raise their seats mounting point up an inch or so to allow for more room. But then, grown ups will find it hard to sit back there lol

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    Can you put the add a leaf in without removing the whole leaf spring pack?
    Technically, I guess you not are completely removing all of it, but you are replacing the blocks and the u-bolts, so it's close. I just balanced everything carefully on the floor jack and did not have any problems.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

So u don't really have to unbolt them at the ends. Just the u bolts and the center bolt that holds them together?

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    So u don't really have to unbolt them at the ends. Just the u bolts and the center bolt that holds them together?
    Nope....just take the pressure off the spring buy using the jack under the differential, switch out the block and u-bolts, and use 2 c-clamps near the center of the springs to hold them in place, which includes your add-a-spring which goes right above the bottom (helper) spring.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 02-23-2012 at 12:48 AM.

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend

Blog Entries

It is.....I wish the rest of the kit went on that easy

TIRES:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast