GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Wipers Stuck on 03 Chevy Express Van

I have an 03 chevy express, the wipers worked fine yesterday when it wasnt raining but this morning it was so I actually needed them... they went about three times and got stuck in the middle of the windsheild, when i try to turn them on they twitch so i know they are getting power. what is wrong with them?

The motor might have froze up. Turn them on and try and move them with your hand, if they don't budge I bet the motor froze on you. Hopefully the arms just need some oil or something after the spring and summer months. Try to see if anything obstructed their area.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Most likely the wiper module. This is fairly common on GM trucks. The circuit board on the wiper motor goes wonky. Turn the wipers on and then tap on the connector at the wiper motor to see if they start working or give you any movement. If so, it is the module. About 30 bux at any garden variety auto parts store. 3 screws, a connector and about 5 minutes of your time and you are done.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)