GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    as for the one guy worried about mpg once getting bigger tires, no matter what your mpg will go down. you add mass, you lose energy. however you can offset it alot by matching the axle gear ratio to the increased tire size. basically instead of calculating the proper speedo gear for speed correction, calculate gear ratio for speedo correct. this is the best way to limit mpg and power lose.

we realize what bigger tires do and why they do it. seeing how hes driving a 5000lb 4WD, i was just curious why he was worried about gas mileage.

meh, my wife is pretty happy with a mod that makes me happy. long as it dosnt break the bank account.

she let me buy those rims and tires after all. and those rims are gonna get painted!

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sierra din't you steal those tires and rims?
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

bought em FOR a steal yeah.

Alex

yes you did , but good for you

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT13 View Post
    wacky coastal states...easy now! lol

The best part is driving down by the beaches, and having all the hott girls wanna jump in the back!!!

You get that too? I think that is funny because my truck is sitting low and fast, 4x2 and I get the same thing when I go down to Biloxi, Gulfport or Ocean Springs. You think it's the trucks or the rockin systems we have in them or both? Very nice truck man. Black Widow is cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post picture.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35248

My fiance' likes my truck and has worked with me in fixing it up over the last couple of years but oddly enough her favorite upgrade has been the LED floor lights in the front. They are blue and they make her shoes look cool when she gets in and out.

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    You get that too? I think that is funny because my truck is sitting low and fast, 4x2 and I get the same thing when I go down to Biloxi, Gulfport or Ocean Springs. You think it's the trucks or the rockin systems we have in them or both? Very nice truck man. Black Widow is cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post picture.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35248
    It's both.......sweet truck by the way

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer
    Full Length Nerf bars
    Bull Bar
    Fender Flares
    Hood Scoop

Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom Sub Box With Two Competition 10" JBL's
    Rockford Fosgate 1000w Prime Amp

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    I would think that if a truck is lowered it is easier for girls to jump in the back, especially if you are driving slow enough LOL. Of course they'll shout over to you to see if you're willing to accept them in so be ready for them to scratch your baby with their heels, fingernails, rings, or whatever other accessory they have on them LOL. Noticing now that you don't have a tonneau cover on the back so that is surely easy access for a group of ladies.

Oh and sweet ride!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT13 View Post
    It's both.......sweet truck by the way
    Swat's ride is too high for girls to jump in quickly, unless he's got a hitchstep in the back. Tires are popping out which does make it easier but a girl will have to lift her leg pretty high to climb...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    and for those wacky coastal states what mods do your life partners like about your truck?
    I have no idea what chicks/women like (if anything) about my truck. I modified it for me, not for anyone else...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 Last Post byLast Post by