GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default what mods do the chicks/wifes/mistresses like about your truck?

and for those wacky coastal states what mods do your life partners like about your truck?
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Blog Entries

The mods???? ther are no mods on my truck yet but my wife thinks the truck is cool becaus it is big.
    life sucks, but i love it!!!!

I bought the 89 blazer, all original stock. My wife says, "It has little tires". I say, I could put a lift and 35", and she says "do it". sweet. Then I tell her that the blazer won't work very well to tow the race cars lifted, so she says get a big truck. So then comes the 2000 K2500 with the lift. Now she says it needs bigger tires and fender flares. Not wimpy fender flares, the bolted on ones.

Awwww, I love her. We have been married 30 years, and today, I have 20 cars. So she wants me to build another garage.
    Mark
    89 K Blazer 4" lift 35x12.5x15, warn hubs, cut out flares. Soon to have headers, posi carriers, gears.
    2000 K2500 Crew Cab 5.7 285/75R16's. 3" Body lift. Suspension parts being ordered.
    Lots more to do on both the trucks

And a bunch of fast Buicks

I just taught my girlfriend how to drive stick so she can drive my cobras, the other day she tells me she hit 150 n the convertible, now she wants to learn to ride my Daytona 675r. And she likes and car or truck as long as its black, I think I rubbed off on her
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Blog Entries

You guys are lucky sons of bi.... You know, my wife like the thing but she is not in love with it like i do. But hey you cant have everything in life.

Jr. Engineer
    Live in Mississippi...But I claim Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    and for those wacky coastal states what mods do your life partners like about your truck?
    wacky coastal states...easy now! lol

The best part is driving down by the beaches, and having all the hott girls wanna jump in the back!!!

2011 Silverado "Black Widow Edition"

7" Lift
    35" Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's
    20" American Racing Rims With -24 offset
    Recon Smoked Led Tail and 3rd Brake Lights

MCX Conversion Package.....
    Custom Dual Exhaust
    Custom Leather
    Custom Chrome Gauges With Red Back-Lighting
    Black Widow Badges
    Back-up Camera System
    Programmer
    Full Length Nerf bars
    Bull Bar
    Fender Flares
    Hood Scoop

Pioneer Head Unit
    Custom Sub Box With Two Competition 10" JBL's
    Rockford Fosgate 1000w Prime Amp

My wife doesn't understand why I have to mod out a new truck. But I had a mod'd jeep when I meet her so she knows it is going to happen. For the most part she keeps quite when I get things for my truck.

She keeps a pretty close eye on me. As long as it doesn't cost anything, doesn't look too goofy, and doesn't affect her ease-of-use, she's OK with it.

Her favorite mod is the addition of gasoline; 'cuz it'll take me back to work

(is a tranny flush, brake flush, or seafoam a mod or maintenance? SEE! I TOLD YOU!)
    I have to go.

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

My wife and I have had fairly similar tastes in restoration and modding of my vehicles (and our houses, two of which have been vehicles)

But we are into camping/field/utility type mods. Clifford (my daughter's name for the 89 burban) is slowly getting reworked. SD card in the stereo, 800 watts of inverter and a usb charger dongle were the barest minimum add ons for my wife to handle a road trip of more than 45 minutes

The standard stuff- floor safe for when you can't carry, flashlight racks, fire extinguisher, doc box - all easy. What is going to take more planning is getting the radios hooked up, finding spotlights, designing a proper roof rack.

Both of us are stuck balanciing our "rural family" life with "fun" and havenn't decided on the big tire switch. It'd look better, but might rape oour gas mileage.
    Christof
    1989 GMC Suburban
    wife (RN), 3 children (4th is due in spring), 23 goats (unless I butchered one)
    Homeschooler, shooter, VFW, Desert Rat.

Quote Originally Posted by koyote View Post
    It'd look better, but might rape oour gas mileage.

drivin a steel burb and worried about mpg? lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by