GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Cool Custom Steering wheel recover

I was thinking about upgrading to the 2003 style steering wheel in my 2002 but I understand that the spline is different and would require a new column and a lot more than I want to get into so my question is, where can I get a 2002 steering wheel with the leather wrap in red and black or if they are no longer available as it seems. Where can I get it recovered in black and red leather at a decent price. Thanks for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post picture.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35141
    Last edited by donyms; 02-24-2012 at 10:06 AM.

I googled "leather steering wheel wrap" and found a lot of websites that sell two-tone leather steering wheel wraps.

2008 Ext. Cab Silverado LT1 5.3L 2WD
    APC LED Tail Lights | Spec D Smoked Third LED Brake Light | aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI

Thanks for the tip but I am really looking for a factory type recover as opposed to a cover. but some of those covers look pretty good. Also I want to get it done professionally, If I were to do it it would be a mess and I don't have enough patients for something like that. Again thanks for the suggestion.

Check you local upholstery shop.i know a shop here in Utah that does all manner of custom work .
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

yeah bro.. usually your local upholster shops will be able to do stuff like that for a reasonable price and guarantee their work.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Thanks to all of you, I will check out some shops around Mobile and see if they will do what I need. I had talked to one in Mobile that my Chevy dealer recommended and the guy said "it would take about 10 hours and I wouldn't want to pay him for 10 hours". I will check some others and see what they say. Thanks again for all for your suggestions.

Name:	post picture.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	35244

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Name:	Grant Wheel.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	35245Get a wheel like this and have it recovered...They also come with Red inserts..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post

Name:	Grant Wheel.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	35245Get

a wheel like this and have it recovered...They also come with Red inserts..
    I would love to get a new style wheel and you can get them red and black already but I have been told many times that they want work on my truck. The spline is different among other things do you know something I don't? Would really appreciate some guidance on this.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I will be with Wes from Grant next week at the Keystone show I will ask away.. Did you go on his site? www.grantproducts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I will be with Wes from Grant next week at the Keystone show I will ask away.. Did you go on his site? www.grantproducts.com
    Yes I have been on the grant site and just double checked it again. They have the wheel I want in a 2003 and up but not the 2002 Silverado. I was going to go with the 2003 and buy an airbag and trim for it but I found out the spline is differant and would require a column change, not worth it to me. If he says that he has a 2002 Silverado with the red and black leather I will buy it. Thanks for the help man.