GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation 2003 Silverado Subwoofer Box Design

I need plans/designs for a ported front-fire subwoofer box that will fit under my rear seatin my 2003 silverado 1500 extended cab

Im putting my 2 10'' DD 500 series in it and i would like to put both of them on the same side of the seat like in the picture below, but that design is for a 2007+ silverado, does some one have a design like this, or can make me a design like this, but for my 2003 silverado?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box design.jpg 
Views:	4457 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	34828
    2003 Chevy 1500 5.3l VORTEC

I'm not positive a 10" sub will fit vertically under the seat. I built a box that had 2 downfire 10's in it and if I remember right I had about 8 inches in the back and 9 inches in the front. I have a downfire 12" now and it was all I could do to get it to fit horizontally under there. Can you give us some more details on your ideas?

Oh and Welcome to the Club!

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

It wouldnt bother me if the subs were downfiring, less likely for damage to happen to them lol
    i need some blueprints or plans for a box that is ported though, because these 10'' DDs that i have move alot of air!

i would like to have a design sorta like the one in the link below, but like i said earlier it would be ok with me if the subs downfired instead of front firing.
    http://www.audioenhancers.com/vehiclespecific/gmx240.php

all the information for the subs can be found at the link below
    http://ddaudio.com/products/mobile-a...00-series.aspx

what other information would you/yall need?
    Last edited by 2003-5.3-V8; 02-22-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    2003 Chevy 1500 5.3l VORTEC

Ported boxes don't have anything to do with the type of subs you have. In fact ported boxes often sound very muddy and lag behind the music because now you are moving MORE air. Honestly for your truck, with those subs, you might enjoy the sq of a sealed box better? As for the imaging. Downfiring is nice because if your surrounds on the subs decided to be noisy then your box will muffle that. You can fire them forward, I did a box for two w7 10s firing forward but the bass had a very strange feel to it. I didn't like it but then again, the customer was stoked! So to each his own I suppose!!

The builder of that box had to raise his bench set to get that to work. Personally I would see what you have space under your seat ..then I would see what the subs need for air space. Then go here:

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#wed

You can figure in ported boxes vs sealed and see if you can make it fit.

I am not good with tuning and ports etc so I usually find some sub box geek and have him build it.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Honestly you would be better off buying a forward firing dual box and modifying the front plate to fit your needs. These boxes are really tough to build properly to fit under the seat. Even with and accurate design and all its still a challenge to get it all togehter correctly and sound good.
    On a side note if you do order a pre made box i recomend putting deck screws in the joints because they tend to be a little loose and rattle if they are built of wood.
    Schrub!:sign0011:

I can give you the specs for the L710 sub box I built and build for customers. It's super loud, sealed enclosure for musical quality and fire up into the seat. Look at my The "real" Big Build Thread, there are pics of it on that thread. I will be updating that thread as I have done major upgrades to my system to prepare it for the upcoming compete season.